Author Topic: Electrical Connection Cleaning  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Electrical Connection Cleaning
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:18:10 PM »
Well I did again,
Pulled most of the easily gotten to electrical connections, one at a time, blew the dust off with compressed air, then hit each connection with some Radio Shack Tuner Cleaner. Instant clean and evaporation leaving the connections hi and dry. Then re-lube with a spray on lithium electrical compound.
Put all back together and fire her up. I do this every Winter, and I know I say this every Winter, but the lights always come out looking brighter. Must be cabin feaver, cause I'm startin to get the itch pretty bad.
We hit 58 here in central Ohio today, only got to the gas station, but better then nothing.
Just some of my $.02,
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline BlkBird

Re: Electrical Connection Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
I plan to do something similar when I do the first valve adjustment at 25k.  I plan to use dielectric grease instead of spray.  It should not need reapplication for a long time.  Funny thing is the temps were great here and I was forced to drive my Jeep instead of the bike even though I ride through the winter.