Author Topic: American Horror Story: Asylum  (Read 6142 times)

Offline Conrad

American Horror Story: Asylum
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:03:41 AM »
Anyone watching?

http://www.fxnetworks.com/ahs

Jessica Lange rocks! She's still got it, BIG TIME.

Acclaimed as one of the greatest actresses of her generation, two-time Academy Award winner Jessica Lange has dazzled the screen with over thirty credits to her name.

Lange made her Hollywood debut in John Guillermin’s King Kong opposite Jeff Bridges and Charles Grodin, winning a Golden Globe for Best Acting Debut in a Motion Picture. She then permanently put her name on the map by receiving dual Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations in the same year for her challenging performances in Frances and in Sydney Pollack’s memorable comedy Tootsie starring opposite Dustin Hoffman, for which she took home the Oscar for Supporting Actress. In 1994, Lange won her first Oscar for her Best Actress in Blue Sky, which she starred opposite Tommy Lee Jones.

Following her previous dynamic performances, Lange amazed audiences with projects such as Country, which paired her with Frances co-star Sam Shepard, to tell the story of a struggling farmer and his wife. Lange’s performance again earned her Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for Best Actress in a Leading Role. Success continued with Sweet Dreams and Music Box, both which garnered her Academy Award nominations and an additional Golden Globe nom for Music Box. In 1996 Lange picked up her first Emmy nomination for the made for TV adaptation of A Streetcar Named Desire in which Lange played Blanche DuBois.

Lange continued to take diverse roles in acclaimed movies which include Martin Scorsese’s Cape Fear alongside Robert De Niro, Nick Nolte, and Juliette Lewis; Losing Isaiah opposite Halle Barry; Rob Roy with Liam Neeson; and Tim Burton’s Big Fish alongside an outstanding ensemble cast including Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, and Helena Bonham Carter. Lange also appeared in Jim Jarmusch’s Broken Flowers starring Bill Murray, in which Lange played a former flame of Murray’s character.

In 2005, Jessica starred in the independent film Don’t Come Knocking. The film, written and co-starring Sam Shepard, marked their first collaboration after over 15 years. In 2006, she starred alongside fellow award winning actresses Joan Allen and Kathy Bates in Bonneville. The film was written by Daniel Davis and Christopher Rowley and directed by Rowley. Next she dabbed into TV with the remake of the critically-acclaimed Sybil. Lange played Dr. Wilbur, a psychiatrist who attempts to unravel the abusive childhood which results in Sybil (Blanchard) developing a multiple personality disorder.

In 2009, Lange won an Emmy Award for her performance in HBO’s Grey Gardens. She played ‘Big’ Edith Bouvier, the eccentric aunt of Jackie Kennedy, alongside Drew Barrymore who played her daughter ‘Little’ Edith Bouvier.

Following her Emmy win for Grey Gardens, Lange starred in the TV series American Horror Story with Glee producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. She won a Golden Globe, Emmy and SAG Award in 2012 for her portrayal as character Constance Langdon. Referred to as a “psycho-sexual thriller,” the show premiered on FX on October 5th, 2011.

Lange is currently in production for the Charlie Stratton’s remake of Emile Zola’s erotic thriller, Therese. She will play Madam Raquin, the overbearing aunt to Elizabeth Olsen’s character Therese.

American Horror Story Season 2 Trailer
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: American Horror Story: Asylum
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
I did not watch it Wednesday because the commercials for it were so odd. Is it worth watching?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
If you like creepy horror, sex scenes, aliens, and monsters.

Yep!

Did I mention that it was VERY creepy?

(BTW the sex scenes didn't involve aliens or monsters, yet)

American Horror Story 2x01 - Jenna Dewan and Adam Levine Having Sex!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
And here I thought you were talking about this forum...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
I have to wait until I get home to watch that  >:(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
And here I thought you were talking about this forum...

That would be WAY too scary!

American Horror Story: Arena    :o

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »
If you like creepy horror, sex scenes, aliens, and monsters.

Ok, I will watch it next week, if I can stay up that late.  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 02:37:06 PM »
Ok, I will watch it next week, if I can stay up that late.  :-\

That's what your DVR is for man!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:43 PM »
That's what your DVR is for man!
What's a DVR?  ;)

Actually, my cable bill is already $120 with internet and TV. I refuse to give them another dime. Comcast keeps raising rates and dropping channels from my package in the process.... WTF?

A DVR is not a necessity, on the other hand farkling the Connie is and I gotta cut corners somewhere to do that.  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:38:50 PM »
A DVR is not a necessity, on the other hand farkling the Connie is and I gotta cut corners somewhere to do that.  ;D

:thumbs: :chugbeer:

This might be the proudest I've ever been of you in the past 25+ years Gumbi...  :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 06:09:25 AM »
What's a DVR?  ;)

Actually, my cable bill is already $120 with internet and TV. I refuse to give them another dime. Comcast keeps raising rates and dropping channels from my package in the process.... WTF?

Once you get one, you will never say that again!

So put a blank tape in the ole VHS and see if you can find a kid to program it for you.   :)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
Once you get one, you will never say that again!
I had a Tivo given to me as a gift with a three year subscription and it was real nice, but I found myself spending way too much time in front of the television. I had free Showtime for a bit too and really got into that show Dexter, but once my trial period was up I did not want to pay for it to watch one show. Although there are some good shows, I would rather hang out in the garage or outside doing something more constructive, like drinkin beer  ;D.

:chugbeer: