Author Topic: New York Show, anything about the 14r motor in the C-14 in the future..?  (Read 3889 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
Was wondering if any members who had been to the New York show currently in progress, if anyone knows of plans for the 14r motor to be put into future C-14's? 

That would be the ultimate Sport Touring bike on the planet!  About 175-180 HP at the wheel, then add a Brock CT pipe and tweak the ECU, drop 40 pounds...viola!!!  A decent paint scheme to boot and a 3 year warranty...

Am ready to write the check!!

Ninja

Ninjawarrior

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: New York Show, anything about the 14r motor in the C-14 in the future..?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »
Doubtful they ever will, the 14R motor makes its HP in the top few thousand RPM, uses more fuel.

On a side note our drive shaft consumes HP to the rear wheel compared to a chain.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
Our motors have plenty of head room for more power with out an engine swap. I can see Kawasaki increasing HP in the future.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 11:28:20 AM »
Our motors have plenty of head room for more power with out an engine swap. I can see Kawasaki increasing HP in the future.

makes sense. That variable valve timing thingy might come in handy to keep the low torque that this bike has with flies out if they decide to increase HP at higher revs.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
makes sense. That variable valve timing thingy might come in handy to keep the low torque that this bike has with flies out if they decide to increase HP at higher revs.

Or just keep the flies for taming off-the-line and use with traction control (probably their two biggest purposes) and add a mode switch to change the behavior of them (WITH MEMORY).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:24 PM »
More power is so easy to get, flyectomy, full system, ZX14 TBs, auto tune, and PCV.  I for one would only consider a new 14 if they had the option of Non ABS/KTRAC (and it must Neutron Silverdammit).  Since that aint about to happen I'll stick with what I have, my nice docile baby blue sleeper. ;)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 11:59:46 PM »
More power is so easy to get, flyectomy, full system, ZX14 TBs, auto tune, and PCV.  I for one would only consider a new 14 if they had the option of Non ABS/KTRAC (and it must Neutron Silverdammit).  Since that aint about to happen I'll stick with what I have, my nice docile baby blue sleeper. ;)
  I am right there with you - All the mods mentioned and then some...  Dyno was 167hp at rear wheel and I use the heck out of it...  Running with Litre bikes all the time.  Today I did a 400 mile ride with 40 sport bikes and coming back there is a nice section a high speed sweepers and since most of the group was already heading home I decided to hit the sweepers at 100 plus and a MSF and racing coach was tailing me on his CBR1000RR.  After we did about 30 miles of this hitting speeds of 140 at times I pulled over and all he could say was wow!  That bike seriously hauls ass... He said you are doing things on that bike that it was never designed for...  Apparently he was not familiar with the Concours but I can tell you that he won't forget today's ride :)  I was giving her all she had and he was having fun keeping up with me...  Darn I love that road and there was no traffic... it was a great day!!  But your right if they came out with the new motor in the Concours I would be fist in line to buy one and get rid of my 2008.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:45:12 AM »
I don't know what this constant need for more power is about.  Can't use all the power the Concours currently has in the states without breaking the law with extreme prejudice. 

I bought the Concours because of it's physical size.  I loved my Ninja 650 with sport touring conversion, but it was physically too small for me. 

Sure I crack open the throttle from time to time, and have cruised on the interstate at 90 indicated when I have a rabbit to follow, but I would have been perfectly happy with a 90HP at the wheel bike.  Maybe 800cc middleweight sport tourer?

I know bragging rights are very important or so the marketing department keeps telling us.  Makes me think of Tim the Toolman Taylor.  More Power.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline pistole

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 07:08:23 AM »
I don't know what this constant need for more power is about.  Can't use all the power the Concours currently has in the states without breaking the law with extreme prejudice

- agree.

- what would be nice would be factory cruise control and maybe electronically adjustable suspension.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »
- agree.

- what would be nice would be factory cruise control and maybe electronically adjustable suspension.

I also agree.  How much power is "enough"?  (I know, some are going to just on this and say stuff like there is never enough)

I would rather they focus on other aspects- such as convenience, comfort, and safety.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 07:51:45 AM »
I find the stock power sufficient as well.  Anytime I can ride a bike and just think to go faster and it does without hardly any effort at all is ok in my book.  But, the capability to make the respond even better is also ok for those that want the increase.  I came from a C10 so the increase in performance at stock, to me, is immeasurable.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 09:17:04 AM »
I don't know what this constant need for more power is about.  Can't use all the power the Concours currently has in the states without breaking the law with extreme prejudice. 

I bought the Concours because of it's physical size.  I loved my Ninja 650 with sport touring conversion, but it was physically too small for me. 

Sure I crack open the throttle from time to time, and have cruised on the interstate at 90 indicated when I have a rabbit to follow, but I would have been perfectly happy with a 90HP at the wheel bike.  Maybe 800cc middleweight sport tourer?

I know bragging rights are very important or so the marketing department keeps telling us.  Makes me think of Tim the Toolman Taylor.  More Power.
A huge FWIW, I am one of the lucky few who get to hit the track twice a year.  With that said, would I have still done the power mods?  Yes.  Have I hit trips on public roads?  Yes.  Was there traffic?  No, well, yes, during a pass or two, but always back down to my usual 6-7 over.  I'd love a turbo, but in all likelyhood I will never have one, I plan on keeping this bike for many years and I'm not interested in rebuilds of any kind, be it shaft components or engine bits.
One of the beutifull aspects of what I've done is I still exceed the advertised MPG (track trips DO NOT count).  I have spent long periods speaking with some LEO, always about the bike, never about some law.  In the near future I will have a hitch and a trailer, it will be used heavily in areas generally void of flat land. 
To sum it all up, I have what I consider the ultimate in SSTs and on a fairly frugal budget.  I use it for what it was designed, and a bit more.  I wanted something above average and I'd say I have exceeded my expectations.  One of my motos has always been "Better to have and not need than need and not have" :)