Author Topic: Missing anchor point on fairing - 2010 ABS  (Read 4183 times)

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
Missing anchor point on fairing - 2010 ABS
« on: April 21, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
I removed the top piece of the right fairing and, when I put all the pieces back together, I realized the rear-most screw doesn't have anything to screw into.  See the pics below for the anchor point.  I took a pic of the mount point closer to the front of the bike and you can see there's a rubber grommet.  I'm wondering if the rear-most hold is supposed to have one.

If that's the case, does anyone know where I can order one?

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:37:27 PM by wipfel »
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Missing anchor point on fairing
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:27:31 PM »
And this would be for what bike?  Yes, I think it's a 10 by the color, but it would be nice to know for sure.  If it's a well nut or fairing nut, then Murph sells them.

www.murphskits.com
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
Yes, It's a missing well nut. You can buy them from your dealer of course...

Hardware stores carry them, but generally only have SAE sizes, not metric.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 03:34:43 PM »
And this would be for what bike?  Yes, I think it's a 10 by the color, but it would be nice to know for sure.  If it's a well nut or fairing nut, then Murph sells them.

www.murphskits.com

Hi Jim,

Original post has been edited.  Sorry about that!  In direct violation of your request to add the year no less.   :o

--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
Re: Missing anchor point on fairing - 2010 ABS
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
Thanks guys!  I ordered some well and fairing nuts from Murphs.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:09:13 PM »
Mine just arrived today.  I rung one of those boogers off the other day.  I hate them, I does.

Make it easy on yourself.  Update the sig line or the avatar.  That way you don't have to remember to do it.  That's what I do because I have no memory.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »
In your second pic, the plastic broke that secures the well nut on my bike. I had to zip tie the well nut in place with what was left. ::)

It works, but I might try and get warranty on it before it expires.

Probably from landing a wheelstand too hard. :)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Icon

• '08 - C14
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:10:49 AM »
I replaced my mirror and the top fairing piece but when I put it back together, the holes didn't line up.  The nut well on the mirror assembly (your lower picture) was towards the centerline of the bike so far that I could just see the edge of it when I looked through the screw hole on the fairing piece.  I put two of the rubber spacers on the back of the mirror assembly which brought it out a little.  Next I pushed really hard (inward on the base of the mirror assembly) to get the bolt to begin threading into the well nut and all looked good until I noticed that the top fairing snap piece (my lower picture) wasn't staying snapped.  If I push the silver lower fairing in towards the centerline and then down on the top fairing, it will snap into place but within a minute, it pops back out.  I checked the left side of the bike and everything lines up just like you would expect so I'm wondering why my replacement mirror assembly would be off by such a drastic amount.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because I'm baffled at this point.

2008  C14 Non-ABS
If you die before you die,
Then when you die, you won't die!

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:25 PM »
I replaced my mirror and the top fairing piece but when I put it back together, the holes didn't line up.  The nut well on the mirror assembly (your lower picture) was towards the centerline of the bike so far that I could just see the edge of it when I looked through the screw hole on the fairing piece.  I put two of the rubber spacers on the back of the mirror assembly which brought it out a little.  Next I pushed really hard (inward on the base of the mirror assembly) to get the bolt to begin threading into the well nut and all looked good until I noticed that the top fairing snap piece (my lower picture) wasn't staying snapped.  If I push the silver lower fairing in towards the centerline and then down on the top fairing, it will snap into place but within a minute, it pops back out.  I checked the left side of the bike and everything lines up just like you would expect so I'm wondering why my replacement mirror assembly would be off by such a drastic amount.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because I'm baffled at this point.

2008  C14 Non-ABS

I'm certainly no expert, but if you could post pics maybe we could offer some suggestions.  Somebody might be able to look at it and see something out of place.

2010 Concours 14 ABS