Author Topic: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?  (Read 74268 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
If factory cruise is that important, perhaps consider the purchase of a beemer

LOL-  yeah, only if I am willing to take out a mortgage on the house to PAY for it.   NOT!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2012, 05:34:20 PM »
Over the last 4 years I would think about 90% of the owners and members here are interested in more power.  Lots of slip-ons, full systems, air cleaners, timing advancers, ECU flashing, and hi perf. air cleaners have been the normal way of adding power, reducing weight and gaining new performance.

Everyone is trying to improve the breed so to speak....faster, stronger, lighter is always better and more fun.. We bought this wonderful machine to have lots of fun with it......so more fun, is faster, better acceleration, sharper curves is what everyone is enjoying and talking about.....

The larger engine is welcomed and will sell like hotcakes....especially to us that have the 1352 cc motor.....some are satisfied with stock...which is fine...to each his own.

Kawasaki and others must continue to develop new products or improve what is out there to stay in business......more power is the easiest way to attract new buyers.......

I just bought a new 2012 ZX14R today...and am looking forward to 215HP with all the technical advancements built into this new missile!  Really don't need it....but it is just nice to know it is there!!

NInja
Ninjawarrior

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
I thought it was around 196 out of the box. What have you got in mind for rounding up the rest of the ponys?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2012, 06:57:10 PM »
I thought it was around 196 out of the box. What have you got in mind for rounding up the rest of the ponys?

Maybe a little help from Brock's.  219 HP and 128 ft lbs of torque with an exhaust, some race fuel and PCV (zero map)!

2012 ZX-14R 'Louisville Slugger' Preview: Brocks reaction to quick Dyno testing

The Louisville Slugger: 2012 ZX-14R Dragbike.com Project 'Regular Guys'
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2012, 11:53:50 AM »
 :o

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2012, 02:09:38 PM »
AreaP slip on was the very first farkle I bought.  Just happened that a forum member was selling takeoffs from his C14 right after I got mine.  Could not pass up a good deal.

For the record though, I was NOT interested in more HP or torque.  Not even for the sound, cus I always wear ear plugs when I ride.  I bought it strictly for the looks and the weight savings.

I think a lot of us wouldn't mind the bigger engine, but it is not a high priority.

Now, what's wrong with asking for factory cruise?  Telling someone to go buy a beemer for OEM cruise is like telling somebody who wants more power to go buy a ZX14R or busa.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2012, 03:30:23 PM »
For the record though, I was NOT interested in more HP or torque.  Not even for the sound, cus I always wear ear plugs when I ride.  I bought it strictly for the looks and the weight savings.

You just didn't want me to post my rant, again, about how changing just the muffler will not improve "performance"  :)

Now, what's wrong with asking for factory cruise?  Telling someone to go buy a beemer for OEM cruise is like telling somebody who wants more power to go buy a ZX14R or busa.

+1
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline W14

« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
I am one of the 10% (likely much higher than that) who does not want more power. I added an after-market pipe to my 09 to improve the looks and sound and not for more power. Any other changes are for comfort. 

A more powerful engine converts to a higher initial costs, higher fuel costs, higher insurance costs, etc.  The C-14 is currently a good value, but it looses 40% of its value during the first year of ownership. The more a C-14 costs, the less attractive it is relative to its competitors, which IMO will translate into less sales.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
I would rather have less weight. 700 lbs acts like 700 lbs, 600 acts like 600. Don't think I need the cruise control, but wouldn't mind a simple friction screw.
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2012, 05:46:45 PM »
You just didn't want me to post my rant, again, about how changing just the muffler will not improve "performance"  :)

+1

You still don't realize that you are not completely correct in what you believe, some slip ons do in fact increase hp and torque, especially bolting on to an engine like this. Now adding a full system and running a PCV will for sure make a noticeable difference, but the slip on alone can in fact increase performance on a high performance engine. I know that you make sweet love and rub your hideous bazooka can until your hand is numb, but the majority rules on how bad it truly is. ;) My butt dyno tells me that my throttle response is quicker, bike for sure runs better, sounds incredible, and does in fact lift the front wheel a bit easier now. Now go out and stare at that big fat girl mounted on the side of your bike.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »
 :battle: :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2012, 05:58:50 PM »
Over the last 4 years I would think about 90% of the owners and members here are interested in more power.  Lots of slip-ons, full systems, air cleaners, timing advancers, ECU flashing, and hi perf. air cleaners have been the normal way of adding power, reducing weight and gaining new performance.

Everyone is trying to improve the breed so to speak....faster, stronger, lighter is always better and more fun.. We bought this wonderful machine to have lots of fun with it......so more fun, is faster, better acceleration, sharper curves is what everyone is enjoying and talking about.....

The larger engine is welcomed and will sell like hotcakes....especially to us that have the 1352 cc motor.....some are satisfied with stock...which is fine...to each his own.

Kawasaki and others must continue to develop new products or improve what is out there to stay in business......more power is the easiest way to attract new buyers.......

I just bought a new 2012 ZX14R today...and am looking forward to 215HP with all the technical advancements built into this new missile!  Really don't need it....but it is just nice to know it is there!!

NInja

Or attract more riders who can't ride to begin with. ::) Goldwings and cruisers have no problem attracting new buyers, and power for sure isn't a factor. Enjoy that new compensating machine, let us know how that so called 215 hp feels.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2012, 06:24:21 PM »
I would rather have less weight. 700 lbs acts like 700 lbs, 600 acts like 600. Don't think I need the cruise control, but wouldn't mind a simple friction screw.

Factory cruise could be controlled by the existing ECU, already present.  Sensors- already present.  They would need an actuator and a control switch/indicator and a bit of cable.  I am guessing that would be what,  2 pounds?   It would be the best 2 pounds ever...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »
You still don't realize that you are not completely correct in what you believe, some slip ons do in fact increase hp and torque, especially bolting on to an engine like this. Now adding a full system and running a PCV will for sure make a noticeable difference, but the slip on alone can in fact increase performance on a high performance engine. I know that you make sweet love and rub your hideous bazooka can until your hand is numb, but the majority rules on how bad it truly is. ;) My butt dyno tells me that my throttle response is quicker, bike for sure runs better, sounds incredible, and does in fact lift the front wheel a bit easier now. Now go out and stare at that big fat girl mounted on the side of your bike.

OK, I don't love the factory muffler quite like that!!!!!  Yikes.   :o   I just said I "like it" or "it is fine" or "I don't think it is ugly" in other posts.  I know I am in the minority, thinking it looks and sounds just fine and yet admitting it is a bit large and heavy.  So stop picking on my kewl looking bazooka!  I mean, muffler.

As for a muffler swap making any significant difference in performance on a stock Concours.... someone will have to show me verified dyno charts before and after.  Otherwise, I will continue to believe what is most logical!    :P

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »
Actually, for a bike with throttle by wire, cruise control is mostly software.  Only needs a push button or two, plus some slight change to the dash display.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2012, 08:47:04 PM »
Actually, for a bike with throttle by wire, cruise control is mostly software.  Only needs a push button or two, plus some slight change to the dash display.

What you said is true, but the Concours is not a throttle by wire bike.  Maybe the next generation will be, who knows.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2012, 09:41:36 PM »

:rotflmao:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Why change engines?  All they need to do is stop making any black bits and pieces ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:43 PM »
Why change engines?  All they need to do is stop making any black bits and pieces ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2012, 11:11:49 PM »

Someone had to bring us back to reality, figured I was the only one with the cajonas to say what must be said.  Where do you think Chuck Norris got his skills?  He's working on standup comedy, should be a real hit ;D