Author Topic: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?  (Read 74273 times)

Offline tomp

Re: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?
« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »
I like bacon in moderation.
Just had a pizza with bacon on it.  Like most things that taste good, Ice Cream, German Chocolate Cake, 24oz dry aged steak, etc, too much bacon isn't suppose to be good for you.  Well maybe they are OK after all.  My mother ate everything listed and lived to 92 (cancer battle)  My dad is 98 and has eaten ice cream and a double handful of roasted peanuts every night, for at least as long as I have lived, almost 65 yrs, and neither ever got fat doing so.  So enjoy what ever trips your trigger, carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore.   ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:58:47 AM by tomp »
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »
So enjoy what ever trips your trigger, carnivore, herbivore, or omnivore.   ;D

You can never have too much chocolate:)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2015, 11:14:02 PM »
I like bacon in moderation.

I like Canadian bacon and beer a lot and and mooses in moderation.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »

I like Canadian bacon and beer a lot and and mooses in moderation.

Now were talking, Canadian bacon, beer and a couple of moose, but not too many moose.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2015, 06:04:58 PM »
One man's excess is another man's moderation
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #205 on: March 06, 2015, 06:28:41 AM »
One of my customers gave me a piece of chocolate covered bacon. It was amazing. Its was a concours 14 in a group of mopeds. What a combo!

I dont see them adding power to this platform. They already restrict low end.  Can you imagine them testing a reflashed c14, or one with the powercommander and butterfly removal mod?

Kawasaki could easily tune the bike to that level and chose not to.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:02:49 AM by rcannon409 »

Offline tomp

« Reply #206 on: March 06, 2015, 06:37:01 AM »
Was reading a C14 review yesterday, and the reviewer, said that KHI needed to place the 14R engine into the Connie, to put it back on the top of the ST ladder.  He didn't speculate as to whether that would ever happen, he just felt that it should.   I think that cruise control is more important than a bigger engine, but KHI probably isn't listening to me either...  tp >:( ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #207 on: March 06, 2015, 12:54:16 PM »
Was reading a C14 review yesterday, and the reviewer, said that KHI needed to place the 14R engine into the Connie, to put it back on the top of the ST ladder.  He didn't speculate as to whether that would ever happen, he just felt that it should.   I think that cruise control is more important than a bigger engine, but KHI probably isn't listening to me either...  tp >:( ;D

That's what I've been saying. I guess I don't care about CC because I already have it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #208 on: March 06, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
Was reading a C14 review yesterday, and the reviewer, said that KHI needed to place the 14R engine into the Connie, to put it back on the top of the ST ladder. 

I am not disagreeing with upgrading the engine, but how is it not already not at the top of the ST ladder?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #209 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »
I am not disagreeing with upgrading the engine, but how is it not already not at the top of the ST ladder?
Not me speaking here, but what I read.  Electronic suspension, cruise control, built in or add on integrated nav system, integrated bluetooth/audio system, more sophisticated computer system, with other bells and whistles.   

Now me speaking,  Nav is nice but I don't need turn by turn to enjoy a ride.  Had electronic suspension on an RT, and it was great, but not worth the extra thousands required to have.  Audio/bluetooth is ok riding two up, but the last thing I need is to answer my phone or speak with another when riding.  Tunes are cool, but any mp3 and earbuds fix that.  That leaves cruise control.  Some have corrected that with a Rostra system. 

My 08 C14 isn't perfect, but is the best ST bike I have ever owned, and I have owned at least six.  To heck with the ladder, let's ride and enjoy the ride, every single outing.  tp

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #210 on: March 06, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »
To heck with the ladder, let's ride and enjoy the ride, every single outing.  tp
+100 :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #211 on: March 06, 2015, 04:45:09 PM »
Not me speaking here, but what I read.  Electronic suspension, cruise control, built in or add on integrated nav system, integrated bluetooth/audio system, more sophisticated computer system, with other bells and whistles.   

Oh, no doubt.  Always room for improvement (if we can afford it).  But I thought by the engine comment, it was more about a question of ST performance (speed/acceleration/etc).... and the C14 is either at or tied at the top in that regard (as far as I know).

Offline tomp

« Reply #212 on: March 06, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »
Oh, no doubt.  Always room for improvement (if we can afford it).  But I thought by the engine comment, it was more about a question of ST performance (speed/acceleration/etc).... and the C14 is either at or tied at the top in that regard (as far as I know).
Agree there.  The K1600's  produce fewer rear wheel HP than we do.  Nothing else comes close.  Wish I was 30+ years younger with my level of experience.  I would have a 14R with Bags in the garage, just for those insane trips.  No, not the chemically induced ones of the early 70's, the ones where tunnel vision eventually kicks in  when terminal velocity is reached....  Never so brave(stupid) again.  tp

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »
The can backfires momentarily when chopping the throttle, but that doesn't bother me, so will leave the air injection crap too, to protect the cats.

I may be having a senior moment, but just what is this "air injection crap" of which you speak?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2015, 08:15:05 AM »
I may be having a senior moment, but just what is this "air injection crap" of which you speak?
It's at the top of the valve covers.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline tomp

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2015, 08:26:49 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_air_injection     

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2015, 08:31:53 AM »
Isn't that also the hose from the airbox that I plugged so it wouldn't screw with the O2 sensor?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
Our bike does not use a pump to inject air in the exhaust. The C14 and many bikes have pair valves that are one way valves that allow a small amount of air into the exhaust when there is momentary low pressure with the throttle closed. This allows some oxygen to burn off excess fuel in the exhaust. Some times the burning can be energetic and cause backfiring or popping. Closing off the hose to the pair valves restrict the amount of air and can reduce popping.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »
I was just reading about the 2015 Multistrada 1200S. That bike can certainly be considered in the ST segment. It has 160 hp and still under 500 lbs dry. More hp then the C14 and almost 200 lbs lighter. I know a big difference in price but the C14 is no longer the performance leader in the ST segment. A bump in HP wouldn't be the worst thing Kawi could do to this bike.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2015, 03:11:01 PM »
Isn't that also the hose from the airbox that I plugged so it wouldn't screw with the O2 sensor?

We don't have 02 sensors unless you've added one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.