Author Topic: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?  (Read 74267 times)

Offline Conniesaki

Re: When will Kawasaki put the new ZX14R Engine in the C-14?
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »

It is not "de-tuned".  It is tuned for different parameters which are important for a sport touring bike, such as longevity, reliability, comfort, efficiently, and smoothness, not for peak HP at the expense of everything else like on a super sport bike.

De-tuned! De-tuned I say!!! These are just words, and I choose to use the word de-tuned! ... even though you don't happen to like it  :chugbeer: I am, however, willing to remove the hyphen if you prefer  :thumbs:  :P

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2015, 07:19:48 AM »
De-tuned! De-tuned I say!!! These are just words, and I choose to use the word de-tuned! ... even though you don't happen to like it  :chugbeer: I am, however, willing to remove the hyphen if you prefer  :thumbs:  :P

Sticks and stones!!!! :)   Yes, they are just words- inaccurate and derogatory words. 
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2015, 07:33:16 AM »
Sticks and stones!!!! :)   Yes, they are just words- inaccurate and derogatory words.

Derogatory  :rotflmao:  :chugbeer:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:50 AM »
Word of the day!  I just love it when the membership uses multi-syllable words!  :banana
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »
Word of the day!  I just love it when the membership uses multi-syllable words!  :banana
:doh: doh

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2015, 08:13:42 AM »
Doh would not be one of those words, Gary.  You'll have to try harder.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »
C14's aren't slow.They don't perform acceleration wise, to the level of super/hyper sports bikes, or muscle bikes.  They will in most cases kick the crap out of other makes in the Sport Touring group.   They are comfortable for touring at all legal speeds, 45-80+ MPH, unlike those designed to be track bikes.   Personally I have no idea what KHI will do, but if I really wanted a rocket, I would go for the new S1000RR, as a go faster, and keep my 14 for sane riding. 

FWIW, not being derogatory towards the ZX14R, but having owned a ZZR1200, hyper sport bikes just aren't my thing, any longer, just no fun for me under 100MPH, and those speed are assured to cost me dearly with money or possibly my life. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
My 2008 has all the power I need.  I'm not Valentino Rossi racing in a MotoGP.  I don't need nor want ZX-14 power.   If you want that kind of power, then more power to you but this isn't the platform for you to be riding.  Get a used ZX-14 if you want that kind of power.  The C14 is a great platform for sport touring and long distance riding.  I've used it for both and don't need nor want to be the fastest bike on the planet.  I would prefer them to keep the current engine and just add mods like cruise control. 

Offline tomp

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2015, 09:22:12 AM »
  I would prefer them to keep the current engine and just add mods like cruise control.

+1 on that.  Now if KHI was only reading our posts.   

"Being such a slow bike, I wonder why they wasted time and money adding ABS and traction control?"  Sarcasm now off....tp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2015, 09:29:07 AM »
Sarcasm appreciated here, no need to stop.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2015, 10:30:23 AM »
Doh would not be one of those words, Gary.  You'll have to try harder.
:doh: doh-nut?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »
Two syllables, not quite there yet, but I admire your tenacity.  Please note that tenacity is a multi-syllable word.

Offline tomp

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2015, 11:34:29 AM »
Antidisestablishmentarianism and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...  Enough syllables to pass muster?  Both words based out of the UK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFHXMQP-QU

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
Two syllables, not quite there yet, but I admire your tenacity.  Please note that tenacity is a multi-syllable word.

Ya know, he was just talking about Perchloroethylene not all that long ago, so I can vouch for his ability to at least type big words...LOL>

Rem :o
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2015, 02:37:47 PM »
Sure, the Connie is fast. Just a slug compared to the '12 and up 14R.
And pretty pathetic compared to the earlier ZX14's.

It serves a different mission. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »
Sure, the Connie is fast. Just a slug compared to the '12 and up 14R.
And pretty pathetic compared to the earlier ZX14's.

It serves a different mission. 8)

I agree totally with your statement. I just bought a new 2014 Connie to go with my 2000 ZX12R Ninja. The Connie is not in the same league as my 12R as far as performance (183 hp at the rear wheel with the mods I have on it/ 463 lbs) but it has all day comfort and all the cool toys I have never had before, while still  being able to dust 95% of the bikes on the road. It is a Cadillac CTS-V, as opposed to a Ford GT, and that is exactly why I bought it.
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline tomp

« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2015, 02:58:16 PM »
Ya know, he was just talking about Perchloroethylene not all that long ago, so I can vouch for his ability to at least type big words...LOL>

Rem :o
  Dry cleaning fluid, right?

What are these?  Hint, I sold them for 30 yrs.
Alkyl dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride,  Alkyl dimethyl ethyl ammonium chloride,Nonylphenol polyethylene glycol ether, Tetrasodium Ethylenediamine tetraacetate. 
Even if the 1441 went into the C14, it still will never be as quick as the ZX14R. My ZZR1200 was quicker than the 14 and it's now a 13 year old design.    too much weight and design differences, so why make the change.  Probably ruin the insurance rates everywhere.  tp   

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2015, 03:36:09 PM »
More thrust in the basement, much less up top. 8)

That ZZR was an animal.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
I'll say it one last time.
The 2012 and up ZX14R is a full 60 HP more than the Connie, and a full 150 LBS lighter.

hahahahhhaaaaaaa
I increased the horsepower to weight ratio on my '08 drastically this year, and it didn't cost me a penny...

I simply reduced my body-weight by 60 pounds...... 8) 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2015, 09:39:35 AM »
I also don't believe it will happen. At least not in the same state of tune. The reason is obvious: a sportbike has a totally different use than a sport-touring bike. On a super naked? Yeah, sure. That trend started a while back. But on a 2-up sport-tourer, where better fuel economy and lower-end torque is more important? Makes little sense. Just give it enough to be ahead of its competition... and I believe it still is even at this old age :). It even beats the whale of the K1600 in acceleration and top speed. That one has more low-end torque for sure, but with its extra heft, they're pretty equal IMO. And the Connie is the first bike I ever own that is super relaxed on the highway... and I really value that. That's the reason why it has such a great range even with a smallish (by comparison) fuel tank. We should hear something about the replacement later this year, I guess. Have a good one.

Exactly! The C14 1352cc is a completely different state of tune from the ZX14 1352cc state of tune. All I'm saying is its not inconceivable that kawi takes the ZX14R 1441 cc engine and modifies it for touring the same way it did the original ZX14 engine.