Author Topic: Electrical problem, Igintion problem or Engine issue ??? Need Help  (Read 17679 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Electrical problem, Igintion problem or Engine issue ??? Need Help
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 06:28:13 PM »
About the speed, I put that beast at 270-275 km several times.

I think it was just a language issue or typo.  It sounds like you are saying you were going extremely fast for several periods during an hour.  But the posting's wording said you kept up such speeds for an hour... continuously (which seems quite unbelievable).  No big whoop.  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 05:55:29 AM »
I think it was just a language issue or typo.  It sounds like you are saying you were going extremely fast for several periods during an hour.  But the posting's wording said you kept up such speeds for an hour... continuously (which seems quite unbelievable).  No big whoop.  :)

Uhmmmm, may be .... You know
My english has improving since i bought the bike
but .....    :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »
Very high speeds also bring on very high loads on the entire drivetrain. Sustained high speeds exaserbate any potential problem.  I am not a doom- crier and I absolutley these engines in the C-14 are extremely robust and rugged but.... if it happened suddenly such that you felt it, after or while maintaining very high speeds, I would do a compression check on the engine, at least the left two cylinders (to actually test the cylinder that is 'bad' and also to have another cylinder to compare the pressure readings with).

I suggest this AFTER checking the fuel injector though, that is still a likely culprit IMO. But if the injector is not faulty, given this new information, I would begin to suspect engine internals (Easy Boys), starting with the top of the piston. Sorry to be the bearer of possibly bad news. :-(

Brian

The bike has 70000 kms.
I felt the problem suddendly, nothing happened before
About the spped, I put that beast at 270-275 km several times.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »
Over 150 - 156 mph for at least one hour?  Seems unrealistic as MCN reported the top speed to be 153 mph.

That spec would be for the inferior speed limited Gen 2 C-14s.  ;) Gen 1 C-14s are not speed limited to 153 and I do believe that JhV has a Gen 1 bike.   :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 02:45:07 PM »
That spec would be for the inferior speed limited Gen 2 C-14s.  ;) Gen 1 C-14s are not speed limited to 153

Nope they are just aerodynamically limited to about the same thing :P
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2015, 02:48:27 PM »
Oh no he din't!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »
Oh no he din't!

Bring it on!!!!!!!!

:cannon: :battle: :shoot:   :stirpot:

:rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 04:15:32 AM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2015, 04:56:38 AM »
 :D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »
Any progress or word on the bike and that cylinder?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2015, 08:30:42 AM »
Any progress or word on the bike and that cylinder?

Brian

Not Yet.
Because my job, I only have the saturday for work on it.
But, sincerely, i'm a little pesimist about that.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2015, 08:43:59 AM »
I can understand that. Still, if there was no loud bang or anything similar, I am still holding out for an fuel injector failure. It is more common than broken pistons for example so the odds are with you. And other than being a bit of a pain to get to (other than no. 1), they are easy to change and really quite reasonable in price- something like$50.

Still thinking good thoughts in your direction.

Brian

Not Yet.
Because my job, I only have the saturday for work on it.
But, sincerely, i'm a little pesimist about that.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »
I think it could be as simple as a bad spark plug. Once my crazy 2nd wife drove her Honda CRX  at 95 mph for about 90 miles. The next day it would only run on 3 cylinders. I replaced the pugs and all was well. Wishing you the same result.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 12:05:14 PM »
Yeah but he said that he changed the spark plug and swapped the coils between cylinders #1 and 2 and the problem remains.

Brian

I think it could be as simple as a bad spark plug. Once my crazy 2nd wife drove her Honda CRX  at 95 mph for about 90 miles. The next day it would only run on 3 cylinders. I replaced the pugs and all was well. Wishing you the same result.

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2015, 12:22:00 PM »
Yeah but he said that he changed the spark plug and swapped the coils between cylinders #1 and 2 and the problem remains.

Brian

I did
Detach the power commander too

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2015, 01:13:56 PM »
sorry, missed that :-[
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2015, 03:06:37 PM »
Over 150 - 156 mph for at least one hour?  Seems unrealistic as MCN reported the top speed to be 153 mph.

You never said how many miles or Kms you have on the bike.
Did this problem start out of the blue and all of a sudden or did it start to run badly and get worse and worse?

Is the bike totally stock except for the Power Commander?

Mine's bigger than yours and will do 280 kph...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2015, 03:28:41 PM »
Yeah and it is too bad that is no longer an option to fix this as that would be THE cheap / easy option. The fuel injector is not too bad either but after that it may get ugly.... Still holding out for the injector myself.

Brian

sorry, missed that :-[

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2015, 06:14:38 PM »
jh, in your first post you said the bike starts but will not run at idle. What about at higher rpms? Have you taken the bike for a test ride since the problem arose? Please consider a clogged fuel filter as a possible cause as it would inhibit fuel delivery.

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 07:21:31 PM »
jh, in your first post you said the bike starts but will not run at idle. What about at higher rpms? Have you taken the bike for a test ride since the problem arose? Please consider a clogged fuel filter as a possible cause as it would inhibit fuel delivery.

After the failure, I don't want rev up the bike more than 4 o 5K rpms.
At 120-130 KpH (60-70 MPH) the bike feel steady, not as usual.
The sound is Horrible, faint, without power.
I was thinking about the fuel filter, specially now, because de fuel here has been coming dirty.
I will check that. Thanks  :thumbs: