Author Topic: How do you carry your camping gear?  (Read 22056 times)

Offline Freddy

Re: How do you carry your camping gear?
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2016, 07:18:43 PM »
No, i twill be tied down. I dont want it bouncing. I will get some more paracord  the white stuff. It is very solid. I like the platform and not having to attach near bodywork.
Wayne

I tied my camping gear on in a similar fashion.  This is how I ended up - 7 years ago.

Any arrangement that does not have a solid bracket at the rear to prevent items slipping over the back is a recipe for potential disaster - broken leg and 4 months off work in my case.     :'(

The cause is obvious.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2016, 08:19:47 PM »
Sorry to hear that but I dont see what the problem with my set up. It is bolted down and has 14 solid attachment points.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2016, 09:08:44 PM »

Any arrangement that does not have a solid bracket at the rear to prevent items slipping over the back is a recipe for potential disaster.

The cause is obvious.

Not so obvious to me.
 Are you saying that something still tied to the bike fell over the back, and since it was still attached didn't tumble down the road but rather wedged itself up into between the rear tire and the sub frame effectively locking up the rear wheel and causing a skid?

Did you not use the saddlebags so you could tie things up to their mounts instead, or did they just fly off at impact and out of the photo(s) frame?

Offline Freddy

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
Not so obvious to me.
 Are you saying that something still tied to the bike fell over the back, and since it was still attached didn't tumble down the road but rather wedged itself up into between the rear tire and the sub frame effectively locking up the rear wheel and causing a skid?

Did you not use the saddlebags so you could tie things up to their mounts instead, or did they just fly off at impact and out of the photo(s) frame?

Tied with inadequate cord.

Locked up rear wheel as you deduced.

Bags not fitted.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?