Author Topic: Heat "issue"  (Read 17416 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Heat "issue"
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 05:24:06 PM »
Up to you.  Comments welcome if they stay civil, but I totally understand.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Won't make any promises.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
I should hope not...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »
Won't make any promises.

Well I will.

Marty, I was being nice and Kawasaki has little to do with Ass ass in being a troll. Some people just go through life.

So, there is more history that I'm not aware of (from the arena)?

If so, then I apologize to you gPink and max'. If not, then based on what I see in his post history, I still don't get it.

..but I'll leave this thread now rather than take it further off topic.

Offline tomp

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2015, 10:52:24 PM »
Heat is subjective.  My 08 was bad before adding the foam inserts, and keeping the screen up some.  I mentioned my KTM is HOT, and my 96ci air cooled Dyna gets very hot, especially at stop lights.  We are riding on top of internal combustion engines, that DO GET HOT.

May also be subjective, but to me, this is HOT, and Jim and Maxtog, there is no nudity involved...Just amazingly HOT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjA_qFee6lo
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 11:42:19 PM »
Way to go.  Join a forum to just bitch about your prior ownership. You do realize that no one here really cares about what you say, as your only premise is to complain...  FWIW, I too owned a '12 R1200RT, and sold it, as it was a slug, and handled worse than the 04 RT I currently have.  Wow, guess anyone can complain about a previously owned bike.  Glad you posted your feelings....Hope your FD doesn't fail out of warranty...

you did.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 11:45:34 PM »
Really?  Your previous posting was 4 YEARS ago, but you feel the need to post now about the same thing- a bike you "hated" and got rid of 4 years ago?  You need to find a hobby to take up some of your time... perhaps motorcycle riding?

wow...been 4 years already? time flies when your nutz aren't fryin'. :)

workin' on the bike thing...6 surgeries in 5 years kinda drains the bank roll. :(

Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »
:rotflmao: The troll is back. You get banned from the BMW forums?

troll? lol...that's a first.

no, not banned on the BMW forums...just changed my choice from the GTL to the RT after spending time on both.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2015, 05:34:42 AM »
wow...been 4 years already? time flies when your nutz aren't fryin'. :)

Well, I don't have that issue- since I have a gen 2   :stirpot:

workin' on the bike thing...6 surgeries in 5 years kinda drains the bank roll. :(

:(  Sorry to hear that
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2015, 08:31:08 AM »
you did.
It's called sarcasm.  We've all bought bikes we didn't like.   Hope the surgeries corrected your physical situation.  The RT is a great model, but to read about them on BMW forums, one would believe they are total crap, which they are not. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2015, 02:59:11 AM »
It's called sarcasm.  We've all bought bikes we didn't like.   Hope the surgeries corrected your physical situation.  The RT is a great model, but to read about them on BMW forums, one would believe they are total crap, which they are not.

indeed, they are not. Had one for 2 years and put just over 4000 miles on it. Excellent for travelling, nothing else. I put over 4000 miles on my C14 the first 2 months of ownership. Completely different animal. I had both bikes together for a year, then I sold the beemer, after driving it for less than 300 miles, while I did 20 times that on the Kawa.
But the fact is: the Kawasaki does everything the RT does and a lot more (no sporty side whatsoever on the beemer), it costs less, and is more reliable. I still ride the RT every now and then (I have that luxury) because I take it when I know I have a 1000 miles weekend trip on the Autobahn and don't want to ruin my Kawasaki's tires profile. Great fairing and amenities. Just totally dull drive. And noisy. And annoyingly vibrating engine. The new water cooled model is an improvement, but an evolutionary one, nothing that managed to change my opinion.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
Well, I don't have that issue- since I have a gen 2   :stirpot:

:(  Sorry to hear that

Glad to hear you didn't have to feel your Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire! Believe me, it ain't as quaint as it sounds. :)

Thanks about the surgeries thing...as if that weren't enough, I dropped my Note 4 on my middle toe and broke it. LOL Makes one glad to be alive! :)

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
Yeah before this gets out of hand, lemme explain sumthin'...

I was going though my bookmarks and doing some cleaning up when I ran across the link for these forums. I didn't think I even had the log-in credentials still saved, but they were, so I decided to visit the ol' stomping grounds.

When I opened up the forum, the very first thread was this one...and since I had extensive experience with it, I decided to look it up and see what was to be seen.

Sadly, the very first post was from some guy talking smack and question the manhood of those riders who dared express their displeasure with the heat from the C14. The Connie wasn't my first bike, and hopefully, it won't be my last. I've ridden and owned many bikes out there and not a single one of them fried my leg like my '08 did.

I wasn't the only one to notice either. Kawasaki knew of it and had to redesign the fairings in order to deal with it, and not only that, but there are people in here who sell foam pieces to help. Many a thread was started because of this issue.

So, for the guy whose name I won't mention, you can stick a large stiff object up your backside. Your whole "It didn't happen to me so your experience is irrelevant" viewpoint is just retarded. It's like saying, "My wife didn't get breast cancer, so there's something wrong with yours". I didn't come here looking to start a fight, but your condescending words were a bit much. Some of us are smart enough to recognize bank-handed insults.

So that's my piece...won't say another word. Never been a troll...no need to get labeled as such.

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:43 PM »
indeed, they are not. Had one for 2 years and put just over 4000 miles on it. Excellent for travelling, nothing else. I put over 4000 miles on my C14 the first 2 months of ownership. Completely different animal. I had both bikes together for a year, then I sold the beemer, after driving it for less than 300 miles, while I did 20 times that on the Kawa.
But the fact is: the Kawasaki does everything the RT does and a lot more (no sporty side whatsoever on the beemer), it costs less, and is more reliable. I still ride the RT every now and then (I have that luxury) because I take it when I know I have a 1000 miles weekend trip on the Autobahn and don't want to ruin my Kawasaki's tires profile. Great fairing and amenities. Just totally dull drive. And noisy. And annoyingly vibrating engine. The new water cooled model is an improvement, but an evolutionary one, nothing that managed to change my opinion.

I've only had a few test rides on the new RT; nothing long-term yet, and I'm totally new to the whole Beemer thing. The little time I did spend on it seems to be a little different than yours as I found it silky smooth and quiet. That bike fit me like a glove right out of the box. As for sportiness? Well, my racing days are behind me and all I want is something comfortable and competent. I hope the RT fits the bill for me. :)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2015, 03:09:49 PM »
Wow, you should hang around here more often!  ;) :goodpost:

You may want to be a bit more careful about being so quick to dismiss anecdotal stories as 'evidence' though; we base entire oil threads on such wise 'data' as "I have been using brand X oil for over 30 years and never had a  problem, and that is proof enough for me!". Hey, if you take away irrelevant stories, miss- placed 'facts' (kill the virgin, grow the corn), ranting and general bad behavior, all you will have left is logic, facts and possibly a rational thought or two and where is that gonna' get cha'?

Brian

<snip excellent, lucid post>

So that's my piece...won't say another word. Never been a troll...no need to get labeled as such.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2015, 06:19:15 PM »

Your being here puts the lie to that statement. 

elp_jc

« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
I hope the RT fits the bill for me. :)
I thought the same thing with my 2014 (I've been a long-time BMW owner), and it didn't :o. If you haven't bought it yet, RENT ONE first man. Coming from 4-cyl bikes, I also thought it was the perfect bike for me. Just never warmed up to it, or BMW's boxer twin. After my first trip, just fell out of love. That's why I'm encouraging you to rent one first. Fortunately, when I realized my mistake, BMW issued a recall, and I jumped at the opportunity to give it back, and even got my accessory money back (nav V, Akra exhaust, etc). Although it took them 5 months overall. Anyway, got the Connie after that, and couldn't be happier. Plus it was nice to keep the few grand change ;D. Good luck.

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2015, 09:36:01 AM »
The heat feels good when riding in 50 deg weather, actually I hardly notice
it when riding, since my focus is on traffic and the beautiful scenery

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2015, 03:49:44 PM »
I thought the same thing with my 2014 (I've been a long-time BMW owner), and it didn't :o. If you haven't bought it yet, RENT ONE first man. Coming from 4-cyl bikes, I also thought it was the perfect bike for me. Just never warmed up to it, or BMW's boxer twin. After my first trip, just fell out of love. That's why I'm encouraging you to rent one first. Fortunately, when I realized my mistake, BMW issued a recall, and I jumped at the opportunity to give it back, and even got my accessory money back (nav V, Akra exhaust, etc). Although it took them 5 months overall. Anyway, got the Connie after that, and couldn't be happier. Plus it was nice to keep the few grand change ;D. Good luck.

There that's better  ::)
 :goodpost: :chugbeer: