Author Topic: PNW area C-14 riders  (Read 4844 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
PNW area C-14 riders
« on: June 09, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »
Well actually PNW riders who ride anything with a muffler. Anybody around the area? I will be here for just over a week and can make arrangements to meet up if anyone is interested. I am staying in the Tacoma WA area.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline 2010rider

Re: PNW area C-14 riders
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »
Are you here for the COG ride on 6/18?

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 03:59:32 PM »
There are several of us down in Portland, myself included.  Lots of beautiful roads to explore, and I'd be happy to play Tour Guide.

No Interstates though, they are boring!
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:10:51 PM »
No, I didn't know about any COG events this far from home. I am here for personal reasons for the next week or so.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »
Thanks for the offer but I don't think I am going to get that far south even as a deviation on the way home. I believe I will take a ride by (over) the Grand Coulee dam on the way back and that puts me directly in eastern  Washington for the way home too.

Brian

There are several of us down in Portland, myself included.  Lots of beautiful roads to explore, and I'd be happy to play Tour Guide.

No Interstates though, they are boring!

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »
Thanks for the offer but I don't think I am going to get that far south even as a deviation on the way home. I believe I will take a ride by (over) the Grand Coulee dam on the way back and that puts me directly in eastern  Washington for the way home too.

Brian

Well, if you don't want to ride a couple hours south to see us, there's the 410 loop East out of Enumclaw around Mt. Rainer.  That was all new pavement on the back side last fall, excellent ride.  In fact, from there you can continue right on into Eastern WA and catch highway 12 (perhaps the route to take when you leave).

Also, I recommend checking out Mt. St. Helens while you're this close.  The road from Castle Rock to the Observatory was all clear a few weeks ago, and is also mostly new pavement, with lots of scenery on the way up.  It only goes up to about 4K feet, so no need for (real) cold weather gear.

Another great ride is the Peninsula Loop.  Either go south to Olympia, then catch 101 north around the top to Port Angeles, or straight up 16 from Tacoma to 3 to 104, across the Hood Port Floating Bridge, then on to 101 and Port Angeles, around the top and back down the Pacific Coast Highway (101) to highway 12, and back inland to what ever route north back to Tacoma you choose.  That run may be a bit too long for you though.  ;)   ;D

If you come up with a good excuse / ride plan for the weekend, I may even run up there to join the fun.  Let us know what you have planned.

--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »
Thanks for the ideas but believe it or not, I am not looking to ride in the area too much. I am still recovering from getting here and will put on 3K more miles in a week and a half to get home so riding a LOT in the area isn't really a goal. I went out today to run some errands (the local sheriff said: 'You did WHAT in HOW LONG?') The Mt. St. Helens idea is interesting though. I just wanted the chance, if it was reasonable, to meet up with any of you folks that I have been corresponding with; not sure when or if I will get to the west coast again.

Brian

Well, if you don't want to ride a couple hours south to see us, there's the 410 loop East out of Enumclaw around Mt. Rainer.  That was all new pavement on the back side last fall, excellent ride.  In fact, from there you can continue right on into Eastern WA and catch highway 12 (perhaps the route to take when you leave).

Also, I recommend checking out Mt. St. Helens while you're this close.  The road from Castle Rock to the Observatory was all clear a few weeks ago, and is also mostly new pavement, with lots of scenery on the way up.  It only goes up to about 4K feet, so no need for (real) cold weather gear.

Another great ride is the Peninsula Loop.  Either go south to Olympia, then catch 101 north around the top to Port Angeles, or straight up 16 from Tacoma to 3 to 104, across the Hood Port Floating Bridge, then on to 101 and Port Angeles, around the top and back down the Pacific Coast Highway (101) to highway 12, and back inland to what ever route north back to Tacoma you choose.  That run may be a bit too long for you though.  ;)   ;D

If you come up with a good excuse / ride plan for the weekend, I may even run up there to join the fun.  Let us know what you have planned.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
But now that you mention it, where is the COG ride? I may be here on the 18th and might stop by and say hello.

Brian

Offline Gsun

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:36:09 PM »
I would like to come and meet you in Tacoma. You don't have to ride at all after that feat! I will get a look at what days are possible and get back. PM or this thread?

Offline saddletramp

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:04 PM »
I have a 2009 C-14 & live in Ephrata.  If you're going to Grand Coulee Dam you will ride nearly past my house.  I've yet to meet anyone else that owns a C-14.

Heck, I'd join you for part of the ride! ;D

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:52 PM »
Well slap me sideways and call me Pippa. I was slow to read of your trip over, until you were already coming back from Ocean Shores, and you inspired me to take a long weekend and head to northern California tomorrow. My Connie (1600 miles as of today) is still teething, and needs a good run. Need to test out my risers, grip puppies and large CalSci. Nothing close to your CC50, but it's a start. I'll be back in town Sunday afternoon or evening.

But if you find yourself looking for some decent fish and chips next week, I'll show you the Ruston waterfront, place called Katie Downs. I work a (cough) 9-5 downtown, but could meet you down there for a bite and a tale. And anyone else in the area, for that matter.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline 2010rider

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 12:33:29 PM »
http://www.soundrider.com/Communities/stour.asp

Here's a link regarding the COG ride as well as many others.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:47:32 PM »
is it raining there?  stay safe!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:55 PM »
is it raining there?  stay safe!

Not at the moment, but wait 5 minutes, it's Spring!  ;D

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 04:58:28 PM »
Thanks for the ideas but believe it or not, I am not looking to ride in the area too much. I am still recovering from getting here and will put on 3K more miles in a week and a half to get home so riding a LOT in the area isn't really a goal. I went out today to run some errands (the local sheriff said: 'You did WHAT in HOW LONG?') The Mt. St. Helens idea is interesting though. I just wanted the chance, if it was reasonable, to meet up with any of you folks that I have been corresponding with; not sure when or if I will get to the west coast again.

Brian

Wow, you're not making this easy for me here. :)

I know you tortured yourself getting here, and you still have another cross country trip to get home, but how many more times do you expect to find yourself here with your motorcycle?

I really do encourage you to get out for a leisurely ride, and take in a little of the fantastic riding we have around here.  After all, as they say, you can rest when you're dead.

Do you have *anything* planned for the upcoming weekend?  Do you have local contact info, so if I find myself in (ack) Tacoma (ack, ack!) looking for you this weekend, it wouldn't be a trip just for lunch?

Help me out here Brian, work with me a little...   :D

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 10:13:40 AM »
I'm up in Kirkland but I'd be more than interested in a ride out towards grand coulee, or anywhere around.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 10:51:06 AM »
Well slap me sideways and call me Pippa.

Hi Pippa!  ;D