Author Topic: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages Drop test video...??  (Read 228156 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages Drop test video...??
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »
::) Proof positive that MCE stands in front of, alongside, and behind their product.

Thanks Ryan

You're very welcome!

I could have used your cages about 30 minutes ago.

Pulled into the driveway, Kicked out the side stand ( at least I thought I did ), and started to lean the bike over.

And over she went--slowly and painfully.  Scratched the left mirror, the heat deflector, and the lower cowling a little.  Even got a little scratch on the left side fairing.

Just a warning for you guys that might not already know--when this heavy beotch starts going over there ain't much you're gonna do to stop her.  And I'm a pretty strong guy.

And yeah I'm kinda pissed about it.  I can't remember ever dropping a bike just trying to park.

Funny how easy it was to pick back up.  I did say I was pissed didn't I ?

Canyon Cages--good.   Laying bike down on grass--not too bad.  Laying bike down on concrete driveway--very bad.

It will probably be funny tomorrow.  Or maybe in a week or two.  Dadgummit.

Awww man, that is a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that. I agree with you, though the Concours definitely isn't going to be stopped once it starts going over. It's just too damn heavy. If you decide to protect your baby from further damage and would like a set don't hesitate to call the office during normal business hours or shoot me an email directly.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:47:55 AM by RyanMCEnterprises »
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline phoneman

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
  Thanks Ryan.  Been looking at getting some of your Canyon Cages since I bought the bike.

Would have been a lot better story to tell about how the Cages protected all my shiny plastic.  I guess I'll be looking to take a few pieces to the bodyshop to be repainted and a few pieces will get replaced.

Expect an order soon.  Procrastination will get you every time.  I can almost laugh about it now.  Not quite--but almost.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 07:14:09 PM »
  Thanks Ryan.  Been looking at getting some of your Canyon Cages since I bought the bike.

Would have been a lot better story to tell about how the Cages protected all my shiny plastic.  I guess I'll be looking to take a few pieces to the bodyshop to be repainted and a few pieces will get replaced.

Expect an order soon.  Procrastination will get you every time.  I can almost laugh about it now.  Not quite--but almost.

It's amazing how quickly your mind can go from "oh, crap" to "oh, well"... A stiff drink helps that process.

2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 07:53:49 PM »
Check out the photo below. This was a guy who recently ordered some replacement pieces after a crash on a track with our guards installed.

That is an incredible photo
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 08:16:20 PM »
I guess I'll be looking to take a few pieces to the bodyshop to be repainted and a few pieces will get replaced.

If memory serves correctly you have a black 09 right pm? What bodywork pieces do you need? PM me, I might have what you need brutha...  :-\

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »

Sounds good! Whenever you're ready to order you can either call the office via our toll free number, email me directly, or shoot me a PM here on the forum and we'll get you set up.

That is an incredible photo

Isn't it, though?! I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Whoever the photographer was certainly did a great job.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 04:21:59 PM »
Isn't it, though?! I thought the same thing when I first saw it. Whoever the photographer was certainly did a great job.

After a zillion clicks so you can see it at a decent size, you realize it is a gen 2, and there are droplets of water spraying all over.  And it looks like the bike is sliding on the rear bags bar, totally protecting the muffler.  I bet *HE* is glad he left the rear bars on when he took the bags off :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
After a zillion clicks so you can see it at a decent size, you realize it is a gen 2, and there are droplets of water spraying all over.  And it looks like the bike is sliding on the rear bags bar, totally protecting the muffler.  I bet *HE* is glad he left the rear bars on when he took the bags off :)

The photo was originally small on your screen? That's strange. Is it like that for everyone else? It appears as a relatively large-sized photo on mine. I uploaded the large original that was sent to me on Photobucket and used that to link the photo in the post. Not sure why it showed up so small for you. The fact that you can see the water droplets being thrown up by the front tire (I assume by the front tire) is incredible and the rear guards are indeed in contact with the ground. However, the front tire and Canyon Cage is actually off the ground in the photo. I'm still amazed someone managed to capture the moment.

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 11:13:18 PM »
Just got my Canyon Cages installed today...they are very strong, robust, and very well made...fitting is top notch.  I have lots more confidence now in having added protection not afforded by the stock bike.

Hope I never have to use or see them used!  Thanks Ryan for a well made product, hopefully your Cages will save lots of Connie owners thousands of dollars, as more riders install theirs in months and years to come.

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 04:57:26 AM »
The photo was originally small on your screen? That's strange. Is it like that for everyone else? It appears as a relatively large-sized photo on mine. I uploaded the large original that was sent to me on Photobucket and used that to link the photo in the post. Not sure why it showed up so small for you. The fact that you can see the water droplets being thrown up by the front tire (I assume by the front tire) is incredible and the rear guards are indeed in contact with the ground. However, the front tire and Canyon Cage is actually off the ground in the photo. I'm still amazed someone managed to capture the moment.

It's a good size without clicking on my screen. I figured that they were riding in the rain since he has his rain suit on...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 07:12:46 PM »

The pic is big for me. I'm viewing it on a PC using Firefox.

I just wonder how the rider fared??

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
I'm glad to hear you like them, ninja! The increased confidence you mentioned is practically an invaluable bonus to the protection of the bike offered by such a product that most people don't realize until they install the guards. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you never have to use them as well but at least you know you have a set of guards that will do the trick in the unfortunate event of a tip-over.

As far as how the rider faired, he did sustain some pretty serious injuries. According to his email, he was going about 40-50mph and ended up breaking 5 ribs and got a pretty bad contusion. Sounds pretty bad, and it is, but seems to me that at that speed it could have easily been much worse.

Offline rocknrod

• 2013 C14 - Blue
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 05:12:06 PM »
Master Chief, US Navy, Retired
2013 C14 Blue, Fenda Extenda, Radiator Screen, HeliBars, Glove Box Mod, 3M paint Protector, Rostra Cruise Control, TechSpec Tank Grips, Lowering Links and Side Stand, Front lowered, Lowered center stand, Balwin Seat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:36 PM »
Interesting

Yep, I believe we have seen that before.  Some experiment someone was working on.  Never seemed to go anywhere, though.  Same thing with that guy who was working on a Top Blocks clone... just disappeared.