Author Topic: Has anyone used this company for lost C14 FOBs?  (Read 20883 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Has anyone used this company for lost C14 FOBs?
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 04:38:53 PM »
My wife was mowing out by the barn, and saw something reflected in the sunlight.  It was my missing FOB!

Congrats!
Now- put the FOB in your riding jacket inside zippered pocket and never take it out!  It will not fall out, it will not be misplaced, it will not get lost.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 05:19:10 PM »
Max, you're assuming he always wears a jacket.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 05:29:52 PM »
Now- put the FOB in your riding jacket inside zippered pocket and never take it out!  It will not fall out, it will not be misplaced, it will not get lost.

What if he loses his jacket or it gets stolen...  :-\

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
I just carry mine in a pants pocket. Never lost my pants or had them stolen.... at least not yet. Never had a fob fall out of a pants pocket either.

Maybe a better idea would be to put the fob in a baggie so it is waterproof and then staple it to the rider's body somewhere? And not with those wussy desk staplers either, I am talking about the hardwood pallet making staples that have the ends folded over. Maybe the fleshy part of the abdomen about 4 or 5 inches above the hip bone? Oh, and staple it on so the baggie opening is facing down, assuming that you stand up when showering. Turn the baggie the other way if you shower the other way....

Brian

What if he loses his jacket or it gets stolen...  :-\
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
Considering the replacement price, may have it surgically implanted. (And no, not thru the back door,so to speak).  :o

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2013, 06:30:54 PM »
Timing!  Post response same time as B.D.F. hehe

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 06:43:31 PM »
I just carry mine in a pants pocket.

Same here.

Never lost my pants or had them stolen.... at least not yet.

Well, there were some times back in the day for me that, well... lets just say I couldn't find my pants fast enough the next morning...  :-[ :-X

Maybe a better idea would be to put the fob in a baggie so it is waterproof and then staple it to the rider's body somewhere? And not with those wussy desk staplers either, I am talking about the hardwood pallet making staples that have the ends folded over. Maybe the fleshy part of the abdomen about 4 or 5 inches above the hip bone? Oh, and staple it on so the baggie opening is facing down, assuming that you stand up when showering. Turn the baggie the other way if you shower the other way....

I think yer on to something Brian, if the damn batteries lasted longer maybe just eating it would be an excellent idea...  :o :-\

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 06:58:08 PM »

I think yer on to something Brian, if the damn batteries lasted longer maybe just eating it would be an excellent idea...  :o :-\

A three day solution at best.

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 09:46:42 PM »
Congrats!
I had been carrying it in my "watch pocket", and I guess it just slipped out.  I have ridden thousands of miles with it in that pocket, and never had a problem before.  I'm just glad the nightmare is over, and I don't have to spend big $$$. 

Y'all ride safe and keep track of those FOBs!   ;)

Dave

Offline PH14

« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »
Does having the fob in yer pocket help with doing chores?  ???

His lawnmower won't start without it.