Author Topic: Photos of different trunk/backrest/rack options.  (Read 24191 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Photos of different trunk/backrest/rack options.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »
I keep offering to put a backrest but Teressa says her jacket against the E55 GIVI is perfect and won' even let me. But note in the pic the GIVI E55 bracket mounted to my subframe allows me to carry TONS of weight back there, with room for Teressa to sit up against me or back against the GIVI

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »
I keep offering to put a backrest but Teressa says her jacket against the E55 GIVI is perfect and won' even let me. But note in the pic the GIVI E55 bracket mounted to my subframe allows me to carry TONS of weight back there, with room for Teressa to sit up against me or back against the GIVI

all that gear, but no gloves? 

poor wrist position there my man.  ;)

Your lady is tiny!  Bet you don't even know she is back there.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Dalroo

• 2B1 - ASK1
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 05:59:37 PM »
Not trying to take this too far off-topic, so will keep it short. As stated above, took the radio box off a KZ1000P, sanded, taped, and primed. You can see - it is kind of square.

In photo two you can see that even the Navy was not near dark enough, and unfortunately, this was the darkest blue I could find. So I resanded and then went with the hammered black as my alternative. Paint turned out okay, but in no way matched the lines of the bike, so I added diagonal reflective tape and an oval reflector. Mounted like Mike, 4 holes with the m6 - 28 x 30mm bolt with philips head and spacers to between the box and the rails. It is very solid, but not terribly elegant. I won't keep it on all the time, but for long trips is will help. AND it cost a total of $28 for paint, bolts, and tape.

Sorry, it was dark and dreary today, so last photo not great from my phone.

Offline bluedogok

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 09:27:19 PM »
This is the only pic that I have of this right now, it is Krauser K5 top box with a Krauser C14 specific rack. I had it on my Sprint with a SW Motech rack, just ordered the Krauser rack for the C14 that replaces the stock rack insert.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 08:44:36 AM »
Just a reminder that a securely mounted trunk can serve as bike and rider protection also.

Don will live in infamy thru this.  Sorry, just had to do it.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 08:57:43 AM »
I've got my old Givi E45 I had on my C10, Mounted on Phil's rack.  With all the other stuff to buy, I can't bring myself to upgrade the box. Use it everyday for the commute so it works...just not the best looking.

Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)