Author Topic: Throttle Rocker  (Read 8368 times)

Offline Conrad

Throttle Rocker
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:24:56 AM »
I got a box full of farkles from Murph yesterday and one of them was the Throttle Rocker. I gave it a try on my way into work this morning and let me tell you, I should have got one of these a LONG time ago! It installs in seconds and works great. I can totally relax my hand now and still control the throttle easy as can be. I have a Throttlemeister as well but that's only for no traffic/light traffic situations. The TR works great even in heavy traffic. For under $11 you can't go wrong.

I give it two snaps up.

Thanks Murph!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Re: Throttle Rocker
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »
I have thought about getting one for quite a while now. I guess now is the time.

Maybe a ride over to Cycle Gear is in order. They should have them there.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:07 PM »
I have used one on all of my bikes for a few years after developing tendinitis in my wright thumb area.  Even on bikes with cruise control.  It places the effort to throttle up on the palm and relaxes the C-grip formed by traditional throttle methods.  I think its actually one of my favorite bang for the buck items.

Offline jayke

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »
They're ok for droning along the highway.  Get in the twisties and they are a pain in the ass. It was really hard for me to be precise with the throttle.  Of course you can just pop it off when you want to have fun.

Not bad for the price.

Bob

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
They do  work well and IMO are much better than the cramp buster style. I never had a problem with them. But I also don't always use them either. It's not on my bike now!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
I got a box full of farkles from Murph yesterday and one of them was the Throttle Rocker. I gave it a try on my way into work this morning and let me tell you, I should have got one of these a LONG time ago! It installs in seconds and works great. I can totally relax my hand now and still control the throttle easy as can be. The TR works great even in heavy traffic. For under $11 you can't go wrong.

Many years ago I bought a rubber, strap-around bump thing that does sorta the same thing.  I never really liked it, since it would interfere with "holding on" and quick braking (with no throttle).  But, I am willing to give this design a try, so it is on my to-order list now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
I got one that is thinner than Conrad's and I have it installed right where Conrad got his. I got plenty room to grab the throttle if I do not want to use the rocker.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 09:52:14 AM »
I can't ride without mine. It's the perfect combo with the throttle meister.

It used to mess with me in the twisties, but after a few years, I've gotten used to it. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »
I have the crampbuster model and love it.  I've used one on my last 3 bikes and once you get used to it, I would say its still easy to control the throttle in twisties.  Definitely one of those great bang for your buck add-ons!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline yoman

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »
I liked mine so much that I bought a "left hand" model to use just as a hand rest. Many happy miles. :)
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
I never leave home without mine
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 08:57:45 PM »
I have wondered about those....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 09:05:49 PM »
I've never had one before, but have been thinking about it lately...  :popcorn:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 09:17:01 PM »

Well, like I said earlier, I didn't have a great experience with my old rubber one.  But I just placed an order tonight for this one to see what I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1VWIK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=A227ZPY2NTXMLS

Kinda hard to get higher ratings than THAT!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 05:01:56 AM »
Well, like I said earlier, I didn't have a great experience with my old rubber one.  But I just placed an order tonight for this one to see what I think.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1VWIK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&m=A227ZPY2NTXMLS

Kinda hard to get higher ratings than THAT!

Murph has it for $10.50 with shipping.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:07 AM »
I have wondered about those....

What's to think about? Get you one and you'll see.

Bob

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 06:30:52 AM »
I have the crampbuster model and love it.  I've used one on my last 3 bikes and once you get used to it, I would say its still easy to control the throttle in twisties.  Definitely one of those great bang for your buck add-ons!

I had two different Crampbuster models. I hated them both. They gave me a blister on my palm where it would rub becuase of the flat design. The Throttle rocker is more ergonomiclly designed to fit your hand when riding. I like it much better.

Offline big al

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 10:13:18 AM »
 i have  nerve damage in my right arm from a neck injurie, have been useing one of these for years, it is great realy takes the stress off of my hand

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 02:03:15 PM »
I went to Cycle Gear during lunch and picked up a Crampbuster CB2 for $7. I may hack part of it off as it's a little wide for me. I wanted to get the one they had with an offset, but it is made for larger grips and with the "rubber band" installed was o.k. but nowhere near as tight as the CB2 model was without the "rubber band".

Used it on the way back to work and it will take a little getting used to and figuring out the proper position for it, but I think it will help after that break-in period.
Scott
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:32 AM »
After my ride home and riding back to work today, I can say that this helps. Going home, I would forget about it and take a firm grip, remember it's there and relax and then forget and take a firm grip...

This morning I can say that my hand was more relaxed in general than normal.

One thing I have noticed is I have more of a tendency to keep the rev's higher when shifting than normal, of course because my palm is applying throttle when I don't normally do so. I will get used to that pretty quickly.
Scott