Author Topic: No communication / Just music  (Read 6871 times)

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
Re: No communication / Just music
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 07:40:14 PM »
I just got one of these and LOVE IT.  Its like a smaller chatterbox.  It could be a little louder but behind my big rifle windshield its not a problem.  On my 250 the sound is a little low.  I got 1 for $30 and wish I would have bought about 5 of them.  I believe amazon has then for about $50.  Also i'm using a 3/4's helmet, if you use a ful face you might not be able to use the mic (but for you that doesnt seem like it matters).

edit: it also has an fm radio on it.

How thick are the speakers?  I found a few places selling them for $55, but no one has a good side view of them. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline Bosgarage57

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 12:59:32 PM »
not thick at all if ur helmet has ear pockets it'll fit in there,they are maybe .25 inches thick. Heck for 55 it'd worth a try right!

Offline Jiffy Bumpit

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »
That looks very interesting.  Especially the price and the remote control.  Of course, in my case, I would still have the problem of connecting my non-bluetooth Zumo for directions (and music if I choose that as the source).  I don't suppose you have tried pairing and using two things at once, have you?  Also- does it remember your stereo/mono setting across sessions?

I haven't tried pairing two devices at once yet. It does remember your settings too. When I bought the parrot a while ago, I was looking into the Zumo 650 (?). Because it was bluetooth, I was going to use a Sirius/XM tuner as an input to the Zumo and also pair my cell phone with it. The price of the Zumo turned me away, but I found the parrot unit and decided to buy it and try it. Now fast forward a couple of years, these smart phones/ iphones hit the market. I'm up for renewal, I get my Thunderbolt. Now I have a device that does it all......cell phone, satellite radio, GPS, even Pandora. The only drawback is if you go somewhere and lose signal. Now I just need to find a way to mount my phone someway that keeps it out of the elements. :)

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 02:10:39 PM »
You can search laws by state here.  I just use EdSets.  I also wear foam ear plugs.

I run my Droid X thru my Zumo 550 playing Slacker (cached stations or FM radio)... pump the sound up with a Amplirider.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline rar

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 02:13:15 PM »
My solution was to get good quality ear buds and have them molded into custom ear plugs.  You get the best quality sound with the least background noise and comfort from a perfect fit.