Author Topic: LOCKING THE FRONT CASE IN 08-09 MODELS  (Read 5091 times)

Offline tbanzer

Re: LOCKING THE FRONT CASE IN 08-09 MODELS
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
DOES ANYONE USE A LOCKING MECHANISM FOR THE FRONT STORAGE COMPARTMENT IN 08-09 MODELS...?
DIMENSIONS PLEASE...(DIAMETER,LENGTH,.......)
I HAVE AN OLDER PHOTO OF SOMEONE WHO DID IT.....
Thats one of the things I miss most from my c10. I very rarely use my bags and would love a secure place to lock my Garmin, Cell phone or other small valuables. Let us know what if you come up with something.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
I don't even take my Garmin off the bike when I park it most of the times, I agree that a lock will only invite someone to think there is something valuable in there. Before I retired I was a route sales man for a major food item company, we were told to leave our trucks unlocked at night when they were at the depot. Because if someone wanted to see if there was anything in them they would break the window to get in the truck, but if the doors were unlocked they would be no damage.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

YoDoc

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »
I had a car broken into one time when it was unlocked. I do mean BROKEN into. The idiot smashed the window with a brick to steal the stock radio out of 1988 Cutlass, and the doors were both unlocked. I was confused and angry for a while... LOL.