Author Topic: Airhawk R  (Read 16395 times)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: Airhawk R
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:13 PM »
I have the corbin I recently bought and hope things will be better on my upcoming trip. I did buy an Airhawk R today though after reading that most people say they help quite a bit. Figure it won't hurt to have if the corbin does'nt fit the bill on my ride

Now don't get me wrong, I like my Corbin, but I'd suggest you take it for a long day ride before committing to riding with just it for multiple days. I will often start out with the Sheepskin on the Corbin and then later in the day, when it starts to hurt, I'll slip a Thermarest camp cushion under the sheepskin with just a smidgen of air. Not quite an Airhawk, but it helps.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »
Broke down and ordered the AirHawk R until I can spend the $ and time to get a Laam seat made. My seat was modified by Spencer a year an a half ago, and while being soo much better than stock, I can't go more than 45 min without the hot spots and pain starting. Should have it Saturday or Monday.
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2013, 08:09:34 AM »
I have the Spencer mod and love it.  Did the SS1000 and BB1500 on it last year without anything additional.  I have a sheepskin but stopped using it, because it didn't really help much.  So after reading this thread, I decided I needed to try the Airhawk R.  I rode on it from Minneapolis to Indianapolis and back, for the MotoGP races.  About 650 miles each way.  While my butt was marginally better, my shoulders and arms were in terrible shape from the higher seating position.  Yes, I did go through all the air adjustments, getting it to the proper inflation, meaning not much air.  Anyway, I'm thinking it will be a nice cushion for my girlfriend to sit on in the pillion position.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Seems to me, if you have it properly inflated, you should only be about 1/8" higher than normal. But maybe that's not true because you wouldn't be compressing the seat foam as much as mormal.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2013, 11:42:07 AM »
Seems to me, if you have it properly inflated, you should only be about 1/8" higher than normal. But maybe that's not true because you wouldn't be compressing the seat foam as much as mormal.

I will definitely give it another try but I didn't get the miraculous change like stevewfl.  I really don't know how you can ride in the dirt with it.  I move around too much on it.  Maybe I do have too much air, but I did try it with less and didn't like that either.  Oh well, everyone likes different stuff.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2013, 12:09:56 PM »
I will definitely give it another try but I didn't get the miraculous change like stevewfl.  I really don't know how you can ride in the dirt with it.  I move around too much on it.  Maybe I do have too much air, but I did try it with less and didn't like that either.  Oh well, everyone likes different stuff.

If you want to sell it let me know :)

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2013, 06:11:49 PM »
I have to say it help quite a bit on my1800 mile ride . I rode 16 hours including breaks and it was nice. Coming home from Bay Area to tucson was nonstop 14 hours. It was comfortable but not perfect. I tried just using the corbin but way to hard after a bit and put airhawk back on. I'm definitely gonna use it most of the time except short rides. I did not care for the feel in traffic when it got slow. Just seemed to loose? It's definitely better on long haul than my seat alone ever was.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2013, 05:18:23 PM »
I had an airhawk for a couple of years now. Replaced a PRO PAD......till Pokey's Labor Day Ride.....then the Airhawk went flat. Put the ProPad back on and realized how much better the AH was. GOnna have to spring for a new Hawk soon.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2013, 05:19:51 PM »
If you want to sell it let me know :)

2nd dibs, i need one for the klr  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine