Author Topic: Camera Mount under Bike?  (Read 15092 times)

Offline MGvaleri

Re: Camera Mount under Bike? (Updated)
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
Found a good location. Mounted the Camera on the Rear Suspension mount, seems to work pretty good.

I'm going to use this during my next track day in May for a session.

http://contour.com/stories/rear-tire-test

http://youtu.be/So88H8AYqyA

MGvalerio.  8)
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Camera Mount under Bike?
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 04:09:46 PM »
That is neat.  At first I was not sure sure why why you inserted "meows" in there...  then I watched it again....  the meows indicate the front tire WAS IN OFF THE PAVEMENT :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 10:52:05 AM »
New solution, as I built the support and new location.

http://youtu.be/5DWFL5di1xA

MGvalerio. ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »
MG, beat this mount    

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline pistole

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 09:27:25 PM »
- i have actually tried that mounting as above. But it shook/vibrated too much because of the length of the pole.

- that and the bike became dangerous to others

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
MG, beat this mount    

That's cool.  :thumbs:

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »
- i have actually tried that mounting as above. But it shook/vibrated too much because of the length of the pole.

- that and the bike became dangerous to others

http://youtu.be/IuTFaUtlQAY

MGvalerio :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
MGvalerio :rotflmao:

MG- SHAME!  Your video is very revealing... No proper helmet (no chin).  No jacket at all.  No gloves at all.  WEARING SHORTS.  No boots.

Instead of "ATGATT" (All The Gear All The Time) your motto should be "NGAALI"  (No Gear At All Love Injuries)!!  Good luck!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »
MG- SHAME!  Your video is very revealing... No proper helmet (no chin).  No jacket at all.  No gloves at all.  WEARING SHORTS.  No boots.

Instead of "ATGATT" (All The Gear All The Time) your motto should be "NGAALI"  (No Gear At All Love Injuries)!!  Good luck!

:thumbs:

http://youtu.be/3Uh6VL2d3zU
MGvalerio :doh:

Offline ugocon

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 02:16:58 AM »

That's strange...
In many States of the US the helmet is not mandatory and I have read many fierce debates about how much an injured biker would cost to the tax payers and how forcing to wear an helmet would be an attempt to the invidual freedom.

I wouldn't preach about safety when there isn't a solid and coherent position on the matter on the preacher's side.  ;)

BTW, in Italy (and in Europe) the use of an approved helmet (also with no chin) is mandatory everywhere! ;)

(But in Greece where I was on holidays they don't use it...  >:()
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 05:45:35 AM »
That's strange...
In many States of the US the helmet is not mandatory and [...]

I think helmet and seatbelt laws are wrong.  It is not the job of the State to protect adults from themselves.  Inform, yes.  Research, yes.  Set standards, yes.  Even force inclusion of safety equipment, yes.  But I would NEVER get on a bike without a helmet or in a car without using a seatbelt, regardless of the law.  Has nothing to do with what is legal or not and everything to do with what makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to ride around on a motorcycle without proper gear.  Do it if you want, but it is a very dangerous situation.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 08:19:16 AM »
I think helmet and seatbelt laws are wrong.  It is not the job of the State to protect adults from themselves.  Inform, yes.  Research, yes.  Set standards, yes.  Even force inclusion of safety equipment, yes.  But I would NEVER get on a bike without a helmet or in a car without using a seatbelt, regardless of the law.  Has nothing to do with what is legal or not and everything to do with what makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to ride around on a motorcycle without proper gear.  Do it if you want, but it is a very dangerous situation.

This is a very interesting subject. On one hand I agree (and a forum member has something like this in his signature: "it's not the job of the state to protect the individuals from their own stupidity...") that we should receive information and then take educated decisions. If I want to die driving my bike, or assume the risks, it should be my right. But this would only work in a perfect world, where a) others don't have to pay for my medical expenses or even for hosing off my blood from the street and b) the law doesn't blame another eventual participant in the accident for whatever injury I suffer by choosing (for example) not to wear a helmet.

I'd really like to debate this. I'm not kidding.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 08:40:47 AM »
Show me the statistics from any country, state, province or where ever of the cost of the 'burden to society'. Then show me the bodies of these so-called 'burdens'. The argument is based on spurious reasoning and non factual facts. As for blood on the street we already pay a street cleaner.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
This is a very interesting subject. On one hand I agree (and a forum member has something like this in his signature: "it's not the job of the state to protect the individuals from their own stupidity...") that we should receive information and then take educated decisions. If I want to die driving my bike, or assume the risks, it should be my right. But this would only work in a perfect world, where a) others don't have to pay for my medical expenses or even for hosing off my blood from the street and b) the law doesn't blame another eventual participant in the accident for whatever injury I suffer by choosing (for example) not to wear a helmet.

I'd really like to debate this. I'm not kidding.

Well, it is a long standing debate for many people.  My position is that insurance shouldn't be used as an excuse to curtail freedom and dictate lifestyle (which is what it is becoming).  But you are certainly right about the suing and such.... I could see a reasonable limit of liability if the victim were being "stupid".  But it is extraordinarily difficult to put such stuff into workable laws and guidelines.  For example- if someone wore no protective gear AT ALL on a bike and someone just tapped them at a stoplight, it could cause severe injuries that would not have happened had they been following "best practices" and wearing "proper" gear.  And yet, had they not been hit at all, there would be no liability at all.

Modern society is complex.  So I just try to take a general position of "freedom comes first" but along with it is responsibility and being held accountable.  The actual path to that is often not clear.  :(

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
Max sidetracked this tread.   Let's get back on topic, camera mounts on bikes.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:50:28 PM by Pilgrim »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 04:14:22 PM »
Max sidetracked this tread.   Let's get back on topic, camera mounts on bikes.  ;)

Technically it wasn't me, it was MGvaleri, who posted a video showing himself dressed poorly from a camera that is NOT mounted under the bike (which is what the thread topic is).  What is stranger is that MGvaleri has (I think) posted a video from under the bike, before... didn't he?  If so, that would have been a much better thing to post.

But I did help bend it a lot further, sorry Stewart :)   Anyway, I will be sure to watch Stewart's video, if he gets one.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
Show me the statistics from any country, state, province or where ever of the cost of the 'burden to society'. Then show me the bodies of these so-called 'burdens'. The argument is based on spurious reasoning and non factual facts. As for blood on the street we already pay a street cleaner.

sorry gPink, I really don't follow what you mean :-[
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 06:53:38 PM »
Martin, sorry to start off in the middle of a rant. This helmet law/ personal freedom debate has been going on for so long over here that I tend to go off. I choose to wear a helmet every time I climb on a motorcycle. I believe it is the right choice and would like to see more people make that choice. Choice being the operative word. The mandatory helmet law people do not believe in personal freedom and freedom of choice. They know that a helmet is more important than training and education. An old argument is that if you don't wear a helmet and are injured in a wreck, you are going to cost the tax payers for your care. It's an argument based on assumptions instead of facts. I have a very strong libertarian streak that causes me to want to be left alone to make my own decisions, right or wrong. This mindset also allows for others to do the same. If someone chooses to waste their life in the gutter so be it. I can choose to step over their dead body and not feel to bad about it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
I have a very strong libertarian streak that causes me to want to be left alone to make my own decisions, right or wrong.

It seems we are two peas in a pod.

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Io MG valerio mai avuti incidenti in moto in 40 anni e con 400.000 KM fatti,mai caduto di moto,occorre  cervello acceso sotto il casco,certamente anche fortuna .
Il mio video è girato in paese per dimostrazione di ciò,stò leggendo tanta aria fritta qui su Camera Mount under Bike.

MG valerio.

PS.

http://youtu.be/daKnqaj5aPQ

PPSS
Ugocom per favore traduci,grazie.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:24:05 PM by MGvaleri »