Author Topic: Is the arena still alive and kicking?  (Read 5550 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Is the arena still alive and kicking?
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:09:59 AM »
In the olden' days, I remember seeing quite a few threads moved to the arena. Lately (last year or so), I cannot remember seeing a single thread moved there. Are threads still being moved to that area? I do not have access to the arena so cannot see what might be in there. Is it still active?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Is the arena still alive and kicking?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:26:18 AM »
It's been pretty tame here on the ole forum. For some reason things have been able to be discussed in Open without being kicked to the Arena. I don't know what's going on. I suspect a lack of liberals but I can't be sure.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:40:28 AM »
Nah, it isn't political. Think back to when it calmed down.....

:popcorn:

But what got my attention was even those threads about what are usually contentious subjects are not getting as heated as they used to. It seems even the more moderate segment has become..... more moderate :-)

Brian

It's been pretty tame here on the ole forum. For some reason things have been able to be discussed in Open without being kicked to the Arena. I don't know what's going on. I suspect a lack of liberals but I can't be sure.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 05:42:16 AM »
You want I should add Arena to your profile so that you can go there and cause mischief? Up to you.  I'm here for the members.  Let me know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:15:18 AM »
Thanks Jim but no, not really interested in things that go there. I have generally found they have gotten pretty far around the bend before or just when you move them anyway so I guess I think I have seen enough.

Brian

You want I should add Arena to your profile so that you can go there and cause mischief? Up to you.  I'm here for the members.  Let me know.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

That would be my guess too.   ;D
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 04:06:11 AM »
Could be a wrong guess...only the Shadow knows...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 04:32:06 AM »

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2014, 05:15:35 AM »
So the arena its ya special playground?

Interesting....
I Read More than i Post.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2014, 05:26:43 AM »
Be careful what you wish for...

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2014, 06:15:48 AM »
Meh....a wife,3 kids, a tenant and traffic in mahattan...trust me the arena should be definetely a playground....
I Read More than i Post.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 06:52:20 AM »
If you want access, let me know.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2014, 07:42:06 AM »
In the olden' days, I remember seeing quite a few threads moved to the arena. Lately (last year or so), I cannot remember seeing a single thread moved there. Are threads still being moved to that area? I do not have access to the arena so cannot see what might be in there. Is it still active?

Brian

Since the "Occupy" and "Gay Rights Marriage" movements, the world has become a nicer place  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
Since the "Occupy" and "Gay Rights Marriage" movements, the world has become a nicer place  ;D

It's nice living in a utopian one world society where our greatest worry is if the polar bears can survive man's deprivations.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 08:44:29 AM »
I am not really one for the arena. I have access but I don't go there much. I have made some posts here that got kicked to the arena. Therefore I don't make many posts anymore as I don't want to go to the arena for those subjects that I don't feel need to be there.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:37 AM »
I am not really one for the arena. I have access but I don't go there much. I have made some posts here that got kicked to the arena. Therefore I don't make many posts anymore as I don't want to go to the arena for those subjects that I don't feel need to be there.

If I recall correctly, it wasn't your posts per se that got your thread moved.  It was other comments.  I think that you bring up some good subject matter, personally.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:07 AM »
Maybe the overworked and underpaid mods could make a friendly suggestion to said poster before consigning a thread to the Arena. Not that I would ever offend personally. Just saying.  8)

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 09:49:44 AM »
Can i get access to the (damm) arena.....i will like to see what is that about!

Yes i am over 18, got kids and i have being in nyc for over 20 years so i have developed a thick skin.
I Read More than i Post.

Offline DucRider

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »

Yes i am over 18, got kids and i have being in nyc for over 20 years so i have developed a thick skin.
I Read More than i Post.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »

right on, post in it. we need more liberal and odummer...i meant obama posts anyways
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine