Author Topic: Real Time side bag reflective tape set - arrived and installed!  (Read 20756 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Real Time side bag reflective tape set - arrived and installed!
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 11:38:57 AM »
Hey ZG,

Since they're silver (at least when reflecting), do they make your bike faster?  ;)

At this point, with SO much black on his bike, the increased in speed from a small amount of silver will be hard to notice.

Maybe between the black and the silver it'll set up a vibratory oscillation and cause it to warp to another dimension. 

I believe a warp drive is the next farkle on ZG's list.  :stirpot:

Hmmm, that could help. Dilithium crystals are kinda silverish.

The problem. as Gary pointed out, with all that black, a vibratory oscillation could show up in these crystals and the result of that could be a disaster.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:grouphug:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »
I think that I'm going to have to order me some of these now.

:thumbs:

You're welcome C.  ;D   :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
I must be missing something, where do these cover the paint?

The silver 11's have that textured plastic section on the side bags at the bottom 2" paint matched to the bike.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »
I must be missing something, where do these cover the paint?

The entire front half of the bags are painted.  The stock decal set includes a triangle on the rear and a piece that runs along the base of the bags- those both would be covering painted sections.

The rectangle on the rear and the piece that fits up the top rear of the bag cover plain black plastic.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »

The silver 11's have that textured plastic section on the side bags at the bottom 2" paint matched to the bike.

Ah, I see the confusion.  It appears to be another undocumented change in the 2nd gen C-14.  ALL 2010+ Concours 14's have fully painted lids on the baggage.  There are no black/unpainted areas on the bottom.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 04:55:56 AM »

You're welcome C.  ;D   :chugbeer:

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 04:57:32 AM »

The entire front half of the bags are painted.  The stock decal set includes a triangle on the rear and a piece that runs along the base of the bags- those both would be covering painted sections.

The rectangle on the rear and the piece that fits up the top rear of the bag cover plain black plastic.

Ah, I see the confusion.  It appears to be another undocumented change in the 2nd gen C-14.  ALL 2010+ Concours 14's have fully painted lids on the baggage.  There are no black/unpainted areas on the bottom.

I did not know that/never noticed. Even when I test rode one...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »
I did not know that/never noticed. Even when I test rode one...

Hey- I have been staring at pictures for quite a while now, too, and I didn't notice until this issue just came up :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 10:51:28 AM »

The bottom part of my 2010 is black under the reflective tape, not painted.

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 11:00:34 AM »
My 2010 has it as well.  Looking at some Google images of the 2012's, it appears they have the strip, but it's color-matched.

--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
The 2011 Atomic Silver aka The Fastest Color!  8)

The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
The bottom part of my 2010 is black under the reflective tape, not painted.

And you have a dark blue bike?  Wow, this is confusing.  I simply don't know what the rules are for this, now.

Flathead

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »
Yup, my blue 2010 is color matched as well but it is not overly noticeable with the texture. The real time stripes look fine.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »
Yup, my blue 2010 is color matched as well but it is not overly noticeable with the texture.

Wait, you just contradicted what Rhino and Wipfel said, earlier.

So some blue 2010's have fully painted lids and some have partially painted lids???  That, I find hard to believe.

Flathead

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »
Wait, you just contradicted what Rhino and Wipfel said, earlier.

So some blue 2010's have fully painted lids and some have partially painted lids???  That, I find hard to believe.

I find it hard to believe too soooo, I just went and pulled the bag off and looked at the bottom of the lid (since the sides are covered by the reflectors) and the outer lid is all blue. ;)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 10:46:52 PM »
And you have a dark blue bike?  Wow, this is confusing.  I simply don't know what the rules are for this, now.

I'm confused now as well. I'm not home at the moment so I can't go look but I'm pretty sure only the hinged part is painted blue. The rest is black plastic. I am absolutely certain I did not put the reflective stick-on's over paint.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 11:18:42 PM »
Day and night.  So silverdammit, good for at least a bottle of Coors Light 8)

Thanks again Jay.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 11:29:22 PM »

Thanks again Jay.

My 2010 bags are built exactly like yours except the lids are painted in the faster blue color.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »
My 2010 bags are built exactly like yours except the lids are painted in the faster blue color.
Thats OK, the bike has been quickened vastly with the simple application of silver, by at least the same factor of pulling the flies, adding a full system, and PCV.  If you want quicker you'll need a turbo to keep up with silverdammit ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2012, 10:00:31 AM »

Thanks again Jay.