Author Topic: Michelin PR3 Report  (Read 20326 times)

Offline tundra dweller

• XLR8
Michelin PR3 Report
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
These tires are beyond incredible! They are literally sex on wheels!  The feed back is like having the contact patch plugged directly into your brain ala The Matrix!
Angels hearkened at every corner. Like a siren's song they cried "brake deeper, lean over further". Their golden trumpets blaring so as to blow the sand from every apex ahead of me!.... :o....oh...um...I guess new tires always feel great. I will get back to you after a couple thousand miles.
"When my time has come I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Michelin PR3 Report
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:40 PM »
^^^^^I agree with every word of that.  And they go through the desert tundra and Rocky Mountain snow in July better than knobbies hehe

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »
I'm enjoying mine as well!  :thumbs:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 12:18:05 AM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Maverick

• I rode below sea level...and survived
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
I have not tried'em on wet yet, but the bike is incredibly stable at high speed.
GTR Club Europe Member # 388
1400 GTR 2008

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »
Nice to know.  Just put some on and only done 100km of quiet winter riding so far...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline Maverick

• I rode below sea level...and survived
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 04:18:34 AM »
Nice to know.  Just put some on and only done 100km of quiet winter riding so far...
Mate you live in North Island?? Riding your GTR in the Queenstown area must be an awesome ride to try on your PR3, though probably full of snow now. Great place you live in... ;)
GTR Club Europe Member # 388
1400 GTR 2008

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 08:21:51 AM »
Mate you live in North Island?? Riding your GTR in the Queenstown area must be an awesome ride to try on your PR3, though probably full of snow now. Great place you live in... ;)

Speaking of snow....    8)

and the cities....

and the beaches....

and out in the country roads...

and off-roading  in the canyons....

PR3's just rule anywhere one rides them!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:40 AM »

Yep, I'm in the North Island.  The whole country got hammered this week - snow in places that doesn't get snow.  Not too bad here but yes, very wintery in the South at the mo.

The PR3's will hit the mainland early next year...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:01 AM »
Mine are working fine as well.  No issues to report.  It's purely subjective, but the ride feels smoother as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline danvforce

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 08:00:24 AM »
Best Tire's I've ever had, The bike is a great handler and these tires make it all the better. I can't believe the difference these tires make.

Offline roger dodger

• Keep it between the ditches
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
Had Dunlops.....improved to PR2's.... now improved to PR3's!

If mileage is similar to the others, I would keep buying PR3's forever.  Best mix of sport/tour/mileage I've ever seen.

YMMV as nobody has worn them out (yet).  ;)
'03 FJR
'02 C10 (mia)
'81 KZ1000

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »

YMMV as nobody has worn them out (yet).  ;)

That's what you think.  ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 02:47:09 PM »
Michelin haters, feel free to chime in on the new PR3 product  ;D

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 02:56:33 PM »
feedback of life and feel between the pr3 and pr2 ?? ran a few sets of pr2 and got about 4500 out of the rears, fronts about 6500 miles. have a bt023 rear on now, 2/32 remaining. need another new front so looking between the pr2 or pr3.
thanks guys.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
Anyone done the Angel ST's to PR3 switch?  Your opinion?
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline banditrider

• Off for a ride
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »
Would never touch an Angel ever - only got 7,000km from a set.  Were great for the first 3,000km or so and then they went off fast.

Offline tundra dweller

• XLR8
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »
Well currently in Maine riding for over a week with 2500 miles fully loaded. No noticable wear. One day of rain and they were fantastic. Looking forward to the mountains of Vermont.
"When my time has come I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner"

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
These tires are beyond incredible! They are literally sex on wheels!  The feed back is like having the contact patch plugged directly into your brain ala The Matrix!
Angels hearkened at every corner. Like a siren's song they cried "brake deeper, lean over further". Their golden trumpets blaring so as to blow the sand from every apex ahead of me!.... :o....oh...um...I guess new tires always feel great. I will get back to you after a couple thousand miles.

I could not agree more about the PR3's, they rock!

Offline atlantaM3

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 09:29:22 PM »
I think they have an odd feel. They stick fine, but don't 'feel' like they are somehow. I can scrape pegs on both sides easily, but just feels numb I guess is the best way to describe it. Also don't have high hopes for mileage. I only have about 400 miles on mine and very obvious wear on the rear. that said, I only got 4300 miles from a set of PR2's... Good thing is they dont have that odd vibration the PR2's had. Tried 2 sets, always felt like it was out of balance. no issue with the PR3