Author Topic: 2016 Connie with Delkevic full system  (Read 1856 times)

Offline drcookie

2016 Connie with Delkevic full system
« on: April 06, 2022, 12:30:24 AM »
Hi folks,
I have been lurking and researching for so long on this forum and I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the Delkevic full system with 13.5" Titanium Oval Muffler for my Connie.
The installation was pretty straightforward and I took my time to remove the stock headers to make sure they did not scratch the radiator fins. Removing the upper radiator bolts also helps in providing a couple inches of space to put on the new headers and tighten the screws down. Based on what I have gathered, the bolts need to be tightened to 13ft/Ib but I don't believe anyone could actually fit a torque ranch and properly torque the bolts without taking out the radiator.  ;)
Once everything is done, starting up the Connie with the new exhaust for the first time was like opening up a Christmas present when you were a kid. The sound was so amazing !!! The low rumble during idle and it wakes up when you turn the throttle makes you smile.  ;D
I noticed a small leak at the join at the down pipe and I probably need to apply a sealant and retighten the clamp.
The next thing on the list is to get the ECU flashed. I heard a lot of good words about Ivan's Performance and would give him a call for pricing and how soon the turn around would be if I need to ship the ECU. Any thoughts ?

Cheers !!!

Offline Ivan_ipp

• Arena
Re: 2016 Connie with Delkevic full system
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 11:01:19 AM »
Hi drcookie,

I turn them around the same same that I receive them... standard shipping back to you is FedEx 2nd day air.
Lots of info here: http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400.htm

Testimonials here: http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/ZG1400_testimonials.htm

Contact info here http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/contact.htm

Best to call me on the phone during business hours with specific questions (845-268-1212)
I'm happy to speak with you in person, and answer all your questions.

Thanks,

Ivan   :chugbeer:

Offline dbird29

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
Shoodaben has  a nice mod for the Delkevic to fix the low end torque loss.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0FPGUgFRdp5SaXPRT4ctnumpRBMdeAsUhcZU6hu7dciir3Kogr83BEoAzLXSeWAWol&id=100057629379234

Hi folks,
I have been lurking and researching for so long on this forum and I finally pulled the trigger and purchased the Delkevic full system with 13.5" Titanium Oval Muffler for my Connie.
The installation was pretty straightforward and I took my time to remove the stock headers to make sure they did not scratch the radiator fins. Removing the upper radiator bolts also helps in providing a couple inches of space to put on the new headers and tighten the screws down. Based on what I have gathered, the bolts need to be tightened to 13ft/Ib but I don't believe anyone could actually fit a torque ranch and properly torque the bolts without taking out the radiator.  ;)
Once everything is done, starting up the Connie with the new exhaust for the first time was like opening up a Christmas present when you were a kid. The sound was so amazing !!! The low rumble during idle and it wakes up when you turn the throttle makes you smile.  ;D
I noticed a small leak at the join at the down pipe and I probably need to apply a sealant and retighten the clamp.
The next thing on the list is to get the ECU flashed. I heard a lot of good words about Ivan's Performance and would give him a call for pricing and how soon the turn around would be if I need to ship the ECU. Any thoughts ?

Cheers !!!
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline drcookie

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 05:53:10 PM »
Apologize for not updating the thread. I did try the mod and it seems to work. I purchased a reducer from O'Reilly and had to do some cutting and sanding. I have to read the instructions several times to get a good picture but overall, It was pretty straight forward.

I could feel the response (torque) was much better between 3k - 4k rpm. I am pretty happy with the mod. It's a very cheap mod. :)  I am still monitoring the fuel efficiency after the mod to make sure the ECU which I also flashed does not get confused. I have not pushed the rev high enough to tell the difference either. This is my commutter bike. So having a better torque on that range really helps when cruising at highway speed.

Really thanks for sharing the post.

Happy Holidays and Happy Thanksgiving.