Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 497179 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1580 on: August 20, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »
Way too much obsession with speeding.  And yet distracted driving, non-use of turn-signals, tailgating, horribly aligned headlights, general poor driving, and many other things flourish.  "Drives me crazy and annoyed".

Add to that driving whilst using mobile phones

Actually let's just ban cars from the roads ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1581 on: August 20, 2017, 11:42:18 AM »
Don't they UK Govt. want to do that anyway....at least the ones with engines?   What about motorcycles?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1582 on: August 20, 2017, 12:26:15 PM »
Don't they UK Govt. want to do that anyway....at least the ones with engines?   What about motorcycles?

Ahh the old, we want to ban the sales of new cars with petrol engines by 2040 or whenever it was.

There was nothing specific mentioned about motorcycles and it's almost a pointless thing anyways.

There's a reasonable consensus that market forces and technology improvements will probably have killed off the fossil fuelled engine for cars before then anyways.

There are a number of other countries also made similar announcements,(which incidentally are commitments at this stage rather than firm legislation) , I know France has and I think a couple of the Nordic countries have as well
--

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1583 on: August 20, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
Yeah, but the Nordic countries have less than 10 cars each.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1584 on: August 20, 2017, 02:25:40 PM »
Yeah, but the Nordic countries have less than 10 cars each.

hehehe

But seriously folks....

A lot of the Nordic Countries are in a good starting position (as are parts of North America) when it comes to EV as they already have power outlets currently used to keep sump heaters running.
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1585 on: August 20, 2017, 06:58:38 PM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

Getting a freaking COLD in the middle of summer.   And why does it have to start Fri evening and ruin my whole weekend?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1586 on: August 20, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
OFFTOPIC: Just curious but what 'further actions' are available?

Sideways related: When I was a pup, I used to hang around with guy (Easy Boys, not like that) two towns over and we drove around his neighborhood kinda' fast. Not ridiculously fast but faster than the silly 25 MPH speed limit. So a couple of the neighborhood people called the police and complained. And the police sent out a cruiser w/ Vascar and on the very first day, nabbed one o' dem no good, rotten speeders: a middle aged- woman who was a neighbor of both of the other women who called in the first place. Now for the amusing part: we (us kids) never got any tickets 'cause we were not going fast enough to get picked out (not nearly as fast as them biddies who complained about us 'driving too fast' kids) but even better, the woman who got the ticket was LIVID at her neighbors for calling the police in the first place. The other women (the callers) tried to mollify her by saying they never meant for HER to get ticketed but rather for US (the evil kids) to get the tickets. Ironical and hysterical, a the best of all possible combinations.

Brian

Community Speed Watch is relatively new and is "a partnership between local people, the Police, the Fire Service and local councils. Volunteers spend a short time each week monitoring speeds and noting number plates. Those identified as speeding are sent a warning letter and the police will take further action if the same vehicle is identified as speeding three times.[ Community Speed Watch is only permitted for speed limits of 40 mph or below. Junior Speed Watch works in a similar way but involves schoolchildren "
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1587 on: August 20, 2017, 08:20:16 PM »
http://youtu.be/Jne9t8sHpUc

And she's driving a car...

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #1588 on: August 21, 2017, 12:06:29 AM »
Possibly upgrade the letter to a large font in BOLD ??

That may well be when they call in person on your doorstep or more likely they'll put an Officer with a speedgun out  and catch you "officially"

OFFTOPIC: Just curious but what 'further actions' are available?

--

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1589 on: August 21, 2017, 04:52:40 AM »
Yeah, well some fonts are pretty convincing. :-)

Brian

Possibly upgrade the letter to a large font in BOLD ??

That may well be when they call in person on your doorstep or more likely they'll put an Officer with a speedgun out  and catch you "officially"
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1590 on: September 05, 2017, 02:11:32 PM »
This is annoying: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/09/05/548601099/calling-nurse-a-hero-utah-hospital-bars-police-from-patient-care-areas

The video is really quite disturbing but the real flaw is that that LEO is still employed, has not been disciplined (according to other articles) and now the hospital has had to set policy to restrict the police's interaction with the hospital's staff as a direct result of this incident. After watching the video, I could not come up with anything other than the word 'assault' to describe that LEO's behavior; he should be held accountable for that action and treated exactly the same as any other citizen would be IMO.

And the fact that he was demanding a direct violation of the US Constitution which is what caused this entire incident, is the whipped cream on top.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1591 on: September 05, 2017, 02:27:33 PM »
Hornet in my beer.   Went and pushed the granddaughter on the swing.  Came back and took a swig and felt a small lump in my mouth.  The lump was moving and stung me a few times.   Spit it out and then stomped the sh** out of it.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1592 on: September 05, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »
Oh yeah, I finally received notification from COX that my 'request' for 'credit' has been approved and payment will be along....in 4 to 6 weeks. Hey, big companies cannot be expected to move quickly but I do have to wonder how long it would be before they got around to terminating my service should I fail to meet payment deadlines.

No matter, this is acceptable and the expected way I thought this should have gone from the beginning (without any interaction on my part). I am no longer cranky about this but I still believe it is very underhanded, poor and very possibly fraudulent behavior on COX's part.

Brian

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1593 on: September 05, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »
Hornet in my beer.   Went and pushed the granddaughter on the swing.  Came back and took a swig and felt a small lump in my mouth.  The lump was moving and stung me a few times.   Spit it out and then stomped the sh** out of it.  This makes me crazy and annoyed.

Holy crap!  You were stung IN YOUR MOUTH?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1594 on: September 05, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »

Since I don't any longer carry an Epipen(?) due to the shelf life and crazy cost increase I would probably have died before being able to finish the beer, which can't be allowed to get warm.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1595 on: September 05, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »
Interstate driving ... while you're in the fast lane and keeping right up with the vehicle in front of you ... when a jack wagon of a driver speeds past to the right, even though he's fast running up on a slow lane car and has no reasonable room to move into the fast lane in front of you, and yet he continues to press and press and press trying to get in.

What this does is cause me to drive very dangerously, because his actions force(!) me to suck up to the back bumper of the guy in front of me, with a mere skosh a of a space between us, for the purpose of eliminating any chance of the aforementioned jack wagon thinks he'll be forcing in front of me. I will not allow it. Just won't. Can't do it. He'll have to hit me to do it. And these days I'm driving an aging pickup with enough dents and dings that I wouldn't be crushed if our vehicles actually do touch. Hopefully he's observant enough to notice those dents and dings and realizes.

This makes me C&A'd.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1596 on: September 05, 2017, 08:06:47 PM »
Interstate driving ... while you're in the fast lane and keeping right up with the vehicle in front of you ... when a jack wagon of a driver speeds past to the right, even though he's fast running up on a slow lane car and has no reasonable room to move into the fast lane in front of you, and yet he continues to press and press and press trying to get in.

What this does is cause me to drive very dangerously, because his actions force(!) me to suck up to the back bumper of the guy in front of me, with a mere skosh a of a space between us, for the purpose of eliminating any chance of the aforementioned jack wagon thinks he'll be forcing in front of me. I will not allow it. Just won't. Can't do it. He'll have to hit me to do it. And these days I'm driving an aging pickup with enough dents and dings that I wouldn't be crushed if our vehicles actually do touch. Hopefully he's observant enough to notice those dents and dings and realizes.

This makes me C&A'd.

I couldn't possibly agree with you more.  I see it all the time and it drives me crazy.  Just because I keep a REASONABLE following distance to the idiot going slow in the left lane doesn't mean I am going to just let people in front of me to "steal" my 1.5 second gap.  Even more ridiculous when it is MORE THAN ONE CAR ALREADY being slow- as if maybe they could do "better" at forcing people to go faster if they were just in front of me.

Or almost as bad, the idiot that TAILGATES ME because the car in front of ME is going slow... which causes me to then leave even MORE room because now I have to allow even more time for braking warning so I don't get slammed into by the tailgater.

And people thing driving fast is dangerous.  Nope, driving slow (especially in the left lane) causes everyone else to get pissed and start doing stupid crap.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1597 on: September 05, 2017, 08:07:18 PM »
Since I don't any longer carry an Epipen(?) due to the shelf life and crazy cost increase I would probably have died before being able to finish the beer, which can't be allowed to get warm.

I think my Epipens expired about a decade ago...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1598 on: September 05, 2017, 08:51:22 PM »
Holy crap!  You were stung IN YOUR MOUTH?

Yes, and it hurt quite a bit, but I soldiered on and finished the brew.  I did have visions of flesh eating bacteria but drank more beer and didn't worry about it any longer.  Totally fine today.  Thank goodness it was a small hornet, most likely quite sickly.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1599 on: September 06, 2017, 05:16:18 AM »
Oh yeah, I finally received notification from COX that my 'request' for 'credit' has been approved and payment will be along....in 4 to 6 weeks. Hey, big companies cannot be expected to move quickly but I do have to wonder how long it would be before they got around to terminating my service should I fail to meet payment deadlines.

No matter, this is acceptable and the expected way I thought this should have gone from the beginning (without any interaction on my part). I am no longer cranky about this but I still believe it is very underhanded, poor and very possibly fraudulent behavior on COX's part.

Brian

They always seem to move fairly rapidly when it's the company that is owed money.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn