Author Topic: See you later!  (Read 1701 times)

Offline Deathwish

See you later!
« on: December 02, 2023, 02:34:19 PM »
Haven't posted here in quite a while. Figured I'd say goodbye as I sold my 2013 Concours last week. Actually I traded it in on a 2024 Kawasaki Ninja 1000sx, so I'm sticking in the Kawasaki family at least. This was my second Concours 14 and they were both great bikes. Just looking for something a little lighter and sportier.

I have several items that I didn't let go with the Connie and I will be posting them in the For Sale group. I'm sure I'll run across other items as well that I missed over time. Please check out the items I'm selling and remember that if you are interested, it's best to DM me as I doubt I'll be logging in here much if at all.

Thanks for the help and enjoy your bikes. Looks like the Concours is being retired, which is a shame. Take care and ride safe!

Offline Freddy

Re: See you later!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2023, 05:32:33 PM »
You too DW. 

Does that model Ninja 1000sx have KIPASS version 2?
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2023, 06:05:51 PM »
You too DW. 

Does that model Ninja 1000sx have KIPASS version 2?

Thank goodness, no. Back to a standard key I can put on my keychain with my other motorcycle keys. That dang key fob was a bit of a pain, imho. I won't miss that, but I will miss the horse power and those mirrors. Best dang mirrors I've had on any motorcycle I've owned!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 07:55:48 AM »
Good luck on the new bike!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 08:23:38 AM »
Good luck on the new bike!

Thank you sir! Hoping I won't need it.  8)

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2023, 08:11:33 AM »
Figured I'd show off the new ride. This is what I traded the Concours for. Loving it so far!

Offline Freddy

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2023, 04:44:55 PM »
Nice! 

Don't know that I'd enjoy chain drive tho.

Ride safe.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2023, 02:40:05 AM »
I'm not crazy about belt drive either...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2023, 07:47:39 AM »
Considering the almost 175 lb weight difference, I can live with a chain. My other bikes are chain drive. Not a fan of belt drive either. One thing I do really miss is a center stand. Finding a pit stand to work with the new bike has been challenging, to say the least.

Offline zrx mitch

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2023, 07:58:51 AM »
I know what you're experiencing but didn't buy or sale anything. After riding the Connie for a while the ZRX feels like a mini-bike, small and compact and a bit lighter. Also chain drive and no centerstand (Pit Bull rear stand fan) but good chain maintenance makes them last 25-30k. The Connie is powerful but a 150ish HP ZRX is  :finger_fing11:
IBA #18591

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2023, 06:21:54 PM »
I am all for smaller/lighter.  But wouldn't want to lose shaft drive, heated grips, power windscreen, analog dials, bigger faring (more weather control), center stand, big folding mirrors.  And I like Keypass (I know, crazy as that might seem).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2023, 03:29:57 PM »
I am all for smaller/lighter.  But wouldn't want to lose shaft drive, heated grips, power windscreen, analog dials, bigger faring (more weather control), center stand, big folding mirrors.  And I like Keypass (I know, crazy as that might seem).

My feelings totally. And I like kI pASS. throw the leg over and go. No searching for keys or accidentally leaving them on the bike when I go inside to pee. Always zipped in the left pocket of my Motoport pants.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2023, 07:47:25 AM »
I do not miss Ki Pass at all. Always made me nervous, and as someone who ended up having to pay over $300 to replace a defective FOB, I'm happy to be back in the keyed ignition majority. Of course, all my cars use key-less ignitions and that doesn't bother me too much, so I guess it's a psychological thing. On the other hand, my wife lost one of the FOBs for my Tacoma and I've been putting off taking out a second mortgage to get it replaced!