Author Topic: Better pay your dues  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: Better pay your dues
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2021, 08:39:59 PM »
This is exactly what happened "over there"................  :'(
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2021, 07:02:50 AM »
And what exactly is that?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline m in sc

• Polluting Rockhill with 2 strokes for decades.
    • 2 stroke world
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2021, 08:48:33 AM »
people have diarrhea of the political views and its spills into the forums, that's what. Same players.... and a big reason I left that forum. 
I break and fix stuff.  No more concours's in the stables. see you guys around...

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2021, 09:17:12 AM »
I pay my dues. The site works fine for me. Being 60 y/o, for the past 50 years that I've been aware, it was always preached to me by many who felt the need to express their views upon me that I did not agree with and who beat their chests that I was entitled to their views but I was not able to even express disagreement much less provide a counter opinion without being shouted down, hooted out of the room, deleted, or now, cancelled, that if I did not like something I saw, heard, watched or read was to simply turn the channel, turn the page, turn it off or walk away. Seems to me the very act of demanding that I tolerate their opinions while they will not allow mine is intolerance on their part.

COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Stasch

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2021, 11:28:04 AM »
Strawboss,  I worked in small government and would often say to co-workers who couldn't believe some of the ridiculousness that happens even at the local level:

"The problem is you're thinking logically, and you're going to end up hurting yourself".
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2021, 01:46:21 PM »

Spending the last 31 years at a firehouse and surviving the taunts, jokes, talk and politics of the 40 other guys, most that would win prizes on some of the video shows, get others fired, and probably get at least an investigation started, and seeing so many things that most folks would cringe, puke, heave, blink, or faint has taught me that nothing really bothers me. This sometimes gets me in hot water as sometimes I forget I'm not at the fire station. What goes on at the house, has got to stay at the house.

So, back on topic. Dues.  I'll pay, it doesn't bother me. And, I will respect those who don't, that doesn't bother me either. 

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »
I pay too - and will continue to do so. It remains a very good forum - maybe even a better forum than it was before.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2021, 04:56:31 PM »
COG website has been slow  for a while now.. about a month or more.  It used to be very fast... now.. its SLOOOWWWW...  and I have very fast internet  ISP's

Thank You... the first page pops right up but then.... wait just wait ...

serious I was going to pay my dues but since It is so slow I'm not, I want to do the track day in Feb did not mean to start chit.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2022, 12:19:47 PM »
I paid my $37.00 and it is still the slowest site on the net?

Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2022, 04:17:07 PM »
I paid my $37.00 and it is still the slowest site on the net?

Not sure what you mean.
I went to https://forum.concours.org and everything loads almost instantly.  Tried several pages and jumps and such.  All instant.  I can't test it as logged in, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2022, 05:54:21 AM »
I'm thinking slow computer or internet service.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2022, 06:44:34 AM »
Trying doing a speed test.  Google speed test and it will check your base internet speed.  If that correlates to what  you are paying for then it's not your internet access speed.  Clear the cache in your browser or download another browser and see if the slowness follows them.  Choices could be Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Internet Explorer.  If you have a smart phone try connecting with that.  Make sure that  your anti-virus and malware sw is up to date.  I like Malwarebytes personally.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2022, 07:55:54 AM »
But the thing is have have no problem anywhere else?

I guess I'll contact the almighty powers of COG

Speed test...
Internet speed test
015102050100+
Megabits per second
Testing upload...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 10 ms
Server: Miami
Your Internet connection is very fast.

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos, video conferencing, and gaming at the same time.

Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 08:01:44 AM »
That's weird that it's the only site that does that.  That happened to me here but eventually cleared itself up.  Have you tried a different browser?

Offline Cuda

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2022, 09:34:25 AM »
After Max said no problem for him I went back and everything pops up fast but FORUM ...

The reason I did not pay my dues is because someone in control overthere was removing some of my posts like It never happen...

Too many Chiefs :o
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
But the thing is have have no problem anywhere else?

Have you tried a different device yet as suggested? Your internet speed should be more than fast enough for normal web browsing.  Something else is wrong.  As suggested, try a different browser (like Firefox, if not using that already) and also a different device (tablet, laptop, phone) on same network.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2022, 06:23:27 PM »
I have the older( before the site was revamped)  site bookmarked and it works but it acts differently - appears to be the same site but it does not remember me when I return. I also have a newer bookmark that does not require a log in each time after the first log in. Maybe if you try this link, log in and see if acts differently?   https://forum.concours.org/index.php
The forum has been rock solid with no speed or connectivity issues for me.