Author Topic: Taking by bike in for full service tomorrow  (Read 14876 times)

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
Re: Taking by bike in for full service tomorrow
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »
Oh. I don't have those screws. long gone. I figure there are 6 holding the belly fairing. 2 more won't make a difference.

Perpendicular to the ground.  The offending screws that can harm the coolant reservoir are the two that go up from the bottom of the belly pan, into the steel cross-brace that supports the reservoir.  If you put in ones that are too long, they will extend through the nutplates and wear through the bottom of the reservoir.

Offline JDM

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
Engraverwilliam, I am glad everything worked out for you. Sounds like you have found a good shop. Safe riding. JD 
If you have seen heaven, I am sure something scared the hell out of you.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »
Don't think mechanics are stupid. I used to see that crap then change the parts and put the marks back on the new parts. I had NO problem pulling the new plugs or whatever out to show the jerk that owned the vehicle that the parts had in fact been changed when they complained. If you have such a distrust for an establishment, do the work yourself. 

Just my .02

Considering it is the first time he has used this shop I think it reasonable and prudent to check out their work on your bike. I don't have a problem with checking it out period as I always go by the motto, "Trust but Verify".

Offline Engraverwilliam

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2015, 10:48:05 AM »
Exactly! This shop is awesome and has a great rep. But I was leaving the bike for a week while out of town to be worked on. When I went to pick up the bike they verified and pointed out and had me take it for a test to be sure I was a happy rider.

After riding it on my commute this morning I can confirm a 100% difference in the quality of the ride. They did great. No regrets on the cash spent.

Thanks all for partisipating in my little discussion here.
William Evans
2001 Kawasaki zg1000 Concours - Age 45 , Los Angeles, CA