The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

CCS-100 gone bad?

(1/2) > >>

jworth:
I've had an Audiovox CCS100 installed on my '04 for at least a decade.  Thing has always worked like a charm.  Unfortunately it has decided to stop working.  I've done the trouble shooting as far as checking the diagnostic light under various conditions (brake press, on, set buttons, light flashing running, faster with revs).  I feel vacuum to the unit.  Linkage appears to be intact.  Is there anything else I can check?  I know things don't last forever.  Just hate to shell out another 300 to replace it.

Freddy:
I've had and still have a few CCS100 units on my and my sons' bikes.  I have found that for some unknown reason, one or other of then will not SET.  I have also found that if the RES button is held in for a couple of minutes while cruising, it will eventually take over and working perfectly - until next time, which may be hours or days or weeks.

Another common fault it that the connectors get some surface corrosion, causing resistance which then prevents the unit from working or causes it to drop out soon after setting.  I locate the few connectors/wires, unplug, spray with WD40 or similar then re-plug and unplug several times to restore a good connection.

Give those tips a try and report back.

The check valve in the vac tank can also fail causing issues.  I've fitted a small inline c/valve on a couple.

jworth:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't corroded connections turn up as failing the diagnostic light checks? For example, the LED wouldn't light when keypad button is pressed?

Freddy:
Not in my experience.  It's surface corrosion which seem to cause some resistance, not open circuit - well, that's my take on it.

jworth:
Today I tied the purple wire directly to ground and verified that the linkage is intact. I pulled the wire harness to the unit which still looks perfect.  No change. That test LED still behaves as I would expect.  Are these units still available other than hit or miss on eBay?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version