Author Topic: Progressive Suspension rear shock for C10 - SOLD  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Charliedog

Progressive Suspension rear shock for C10 - SOLD
« on: August 05, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
SOLD - Please read the rest of the story before getting too excited.  I got this shock, used, very used, from a salvage yard off eBay some time ago.  Mileage unknown.  When I checked the pressure in it, the pressure was low.  I took the shock to a local tire store that puts nitrogen in the tires it mounts & balances, but found that it would not hold pressure.  I called Progressive and was told it would still function as a shock, but without nitrogen it would loose its damping adjustability function.  I was told $200 or more for them to rebuild it, depending on what it needed.  While I was making up my mind I found a ZZR1200 rear shock at a good price on eBay, so I bought and installed that.  I was going to take this shock to the trash, but I thought I'd offer it here before doing that.  If anyone wants to try rebuilding it himself, or try using it w/o rebuilding it, make me an offer.  If I don't get a response in a couple of weeks, I can still take it to the trash.  SOLD     
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:46:53 AM by Charliedog »
CharlieDog
Bristol, TN