Author Topic: The speed of light  (Read 4021 times)

Son of Pappy

The speed of light
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
So, to put to bed once and for all time that silver is the fastest color I offer as proof light.  Light is always out front, agreed?  What is behind this light?  Why silver of course, that nice reflector which so brilliantly shares that which is reflected upon it.  What slows down light?  Black of course, this cloak of slowness is best described as pavement, shapeable and functional, yet agonizingly slow.  It has been rumored that mama kaw uses black bits to keep these machines governed to an acceptable level, even going so far as offering them in black so that beginner riders may also enjoy the finer creature comforts found on this marvelous machine.  Some have found even that too fast and have chosen to add even more black bits and pieces, some even slowing down braking components. 
As even further proof, what is an indication that oil may be reaching it's usefull life?  Black of course.  And then we have the darkside discussions, I would find car tires perfectly OK on a black bike, they don't travel fast enough to require any sizeable amount of lean angle, hence "Darkside" :)
So there ya have it.  Silverdammit has yet once again proven it's superiority ;D

Offline Conrad

Re: The speed of light
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:47:09 PM »
I'd buy that for a dollar.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
So, to put to bed once and for all time that silver is the fastest color I offer as proof light.  Light is always out front, agreed?  What is behind this light?  Why silver of course, that nice reflector which so brilliantly shares that which is reflected upon it.  What slows down light?  Black of course, this cloak of slowness is best described as pavement, shapeable and functional, yet agonizingly slow.  It has been rumored that mama kaw uses black bits to keep these machines governed to an acceptable level, even going so far as offering them in black so that beginner riders may also enjoy the finer creature comforts found on this marvelous machine.  Some have found even that too fast and have chosen to add even more black bits and pieces, some even slowing down braking components. 
As even further proof, what is an indication that oil may be reaching it's usefull life?  Black of course.  And then we have the darkside discussions, I would find car tires perfectly OK on a black bike, they don't travel fast enough to require any sizeable amount of lean angle, hence "Darkside" :)
So there ya have it.  Silverdammit has yet once again proven it's superiority ;D

Oh Chet, what am I gonna do with you buddy...

I'd buy that for a dollar.

WTH are you laughing at C? When you scratched your bag did you notice what color was underneath...  :yikes:

That's right buddy, who's laughing now...  ;) 

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
While we're on the subject, let's clear up the naming of "light bulbs".  They are more correctly referred to as "dark suckers".  What happens when you turn on a light?  The darkness goes away.  As evidence, compare a new, unused 'dark sucker' to an old, burned out one.  Notice that the old one is now actually full, as you can see the darkness that is stored inside of it.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
I would offer a counter argument: Darkness is faster than light, because light can never catch it; dark is always able to see light coming and outrun it...  Just sayin'...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »
I would offer a counter argument: Darkness is faster than light, because light can never catch it; dark is always able to see light coming and outrun it...  Just sayin'...

Good point GXM!

As light is traveling through space what is always in front of it???  

That's right, more black!!  8) ;)

The light will never completely catch up...  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 05:15:41 PM »
Light passes through darkeness.  Has anyone ever heard "At the speed of darkness"?  What happens when light approaches darkeness?  Darkness runs, wells, creeps away ;)

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 06:32:16 PM »
SR-71BLACKBIRD. A black connie is the replica of it.  Only black can handle the speed!

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 07:36:22 PM »
Ask any scientist, NOTHING can exceed the speed of light.  But that beautiful silver bullet gets darn close ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
Time to slow down, it's getting dark out ;)

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
Fastest thing in the known universe, until a black hole appears, then nothing escapes. But then again this comes from a guy who has a blue one ;D
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »
Light would turn a black hole into a bright party place ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »
Was at a dealer yesterday and saw a black '12 with black rims with the bags off. It looked sinister. It looked bad a$$. It looked almost as fast as my blue '10.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:39 AM »

WTH are you laughing at C? When you scratched your bag did you notice what color was underneath...  :yikes:

That's right buddy, who's laughing now...  ;) 

You're right J, I didn't even think of that! This explains why my bike is pulling to the left after I scratched the left bag! It's slower on that side now.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:46 AM »

Good point GXM!

As light is traveling through space what is always in front of it???  

That's right, more black!!  8) ;)

The light will never completely catch up...  ;D

Ahem, and what's behind the bike trying to catch up?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 06:18:57 AM »
What would happen if they had no silver on board?  I wonder, hmmmm, just what would happen if Jay affixed a black light on board, would he be faster, or slower, during periods of darkness? ;)

Offline C14PAINKILLER

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »
If we were in total darkness, how could we prove the black bike is even moving? I mean if he had a light which requires a Silver reflector so they could see where they are going. That would show some movement. Anyways, if Black is faster why do they heavily modify them :o? I'll just put a nice coat of wax on my Blue '10 and slip past the two arguing colours when they least expect it ::)
2010 PAINKILLER BLUE   COG# 9405
Rides the metal monster, breathing smoke and fire

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 07:30:02 AM »
While we're on the subject, let's clear up the naming of "light bulbs".  They are more correctly referred to as "dark suckers".  What happens when you turn on a light?  The darkness goes away.  As evidence, compare a new, unused 'dark sucker' to an old, burned out one.  Notice that the old one is now actually full, as you can see the darkness that is stored inside of it.
Jon, where did you hear that or did you just come up with "dark sucker"???
In college I wrote a paper on "dark suckers"

DARK is actually an acronym.  It stands for Devoid of Active Radiated K-type electrons.  K-type electrons are very dense and are very heavy.  These electrons in water are very good for irrigation, the problem is that due to their mass they settle to the bottom of lakes and steams (that's why its darker at the bottom). Native Americans knew that DARK was goo for irrigation, if they were going upstream they would paddle with much more effort trying to force the dark downstream.  They also had a good understanding of the weight of DARK.  They came up with the term "night fall"
     K-electrons have a negative charge. When power is applied to a bulb the negative electron are attracted to the positive electrons and are pulled through the glass.  Again the shear mass of these electrons passing through the glass make it very hot.  Dark suckers have been around for thousands of years.  Take the candle for instance;  the wick itself is quite dense, combine its density with the density of the K electrons and a massive amount of heat is produced.  Take a pencil and hold it about two inches above the wick of a operating dark sucker.  Slowly lower the pencil towards the wick.  The pencil will begin to turn black.  This is because you are disrupting the flow of DARK into the wick.
Flashlights are neat little devices.  They actually store the dark. The dark storage units (some people call them batteries) absorb and hold the dark until they are full.  Just pull them out and replace them with empty containers and your good to go.  Nowadays you can place your batteries in a evacuation unit.  Put your full batteries in this unit and 1/2 hour latter they are empty and ready for use.

There was alot more but damn that had to of been twenty years ago.  I hope this has enlightened you ;)

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »
Fastest thing in the known universe, until a black hole appears, then nothing escapes. But then again this comes from a guy who has a blue one ;D

And why do you think that black holes suck up all the lighter colors? Yep, it's just jealous.