Author Topic: Lamb skin seat covers  (Read 3065 times)

Offline okxd45

Lamb skin seat covers
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
So what is the go to brand for lamb skin seat covers?  I'm assuming by google that Alaska Leather is good.  Any opinions from the Concours brotherhood?
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline COGnosticat0r

Re: Lamb skin seat covers
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
So what is the go to brand for lamb skin seat covers?  I'm assuming by google that Alaska Leather is good.  Any opinions from the Concours brotherhood?

I have the Alaska leather sheep skin on my C14 and works for me after 20k miles and I like the buckle strap that goes under the seat so easy off and on. I had another brand on the C10 with 4 straps that velcroed under the seat, a PITA when you needed to remove it.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline jayke

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:54:39 AM »
Alaska Sheepskin.  I bought a full pelt trimmed it to rough size and had my wife sew elastic straps around the front,  middle and back so it won’t fly off.

Try deadsheep as a discount code on their website.

Offline turtle

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:25 AM »
Alaska Leather - mine is great.
Bill
COG #1916
2001 C10 (lots of mods)

Offline okxd45

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »
Alaska Sheepskin.  I bought a full pelt trimmed it to rough size and had my wife sew elastic straps around the front,  middle and back so it won’t fly off.

Try deadsheep as a discount code on their website.

Alaska sheep skin it is!  And thanks for the discount code!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 02:48:04 AM »
For the last 15 years, I have just bought a sheep skin from a fair or other vendor.  Cost of about 80 bucks then trim out pieces for the seats, sew on some elastic strapping, go riding.  I have really short legs so it's not like I was ever going to go with a pad with gel or something in it. 

Works great.  Keeps the butt cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter.
T.S.R.