The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

Which Shad trunk looks best on the C14?

(1/2) > >>

katata1100:
I want one that look best with the lines of the saddle bags.
Also, how well does their silver match up with the neutron silver on an '11 C14?
One last question- do I need to get a phils rack to mount the Shad bag on?

crashdb:
I have the SH46 and it's big enough to hold stuff, but not big enough to look goofy.  I don't know about the match.  Mine is blue and it's pretty close.  I ordered mine from www.cycleluggage.com.  They had the best price, they're nice guys, and fairly communicative.  The problem is Shad itself.  I have the case and the plastic cover for the mounting plate, but not the mounting plate.  Shad is taking its own sweet time getting it to me. 

I don't think you need Phil's rack for the case, but I got it anyway because of the rigidity compared to the stock rack.  It's a nice piece and he'll even sell you some t-nuts to assist in attaching the case.  Personally, I wouldn't even have tried to put the case on the stock rack.

Barry:
I got the biggest Shad Murph sells (50 Liter) and it is sized for the bike.  I see smaller trunks and think WHY???  Plus, I can put a ton of stuff in it.  Holds 2 helmets easily.

YMMV,
Barry

philipintexas:
Here' a photo of the Shad-50 on a silver bike.

Bob:
I think both the Shad 50 and SH46 look good. Since Phil posted a Shad 50 photo. I'll oblige and post a SH46 photo. Then you can pick which you think you might like!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version