The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

ST2 Smart brake

(1/1)

Oilman:
Anyone know if the ST2 smart brake system will work with switchback lights?

Rubber_Snake:

--- Quote from: Oilman on April 06, 2023, 12:35:01 PM ---Anyone know if the ST2 smart brake system will work with switchback lights?

--- End quote ---

Yes and yes.

dbird29:
I do know the ST-2 brake module will not work with the MCCruise cruise control. Going downhill or big enough bump jiggles the ball bearing used in the ST-2 and trips the cruise off.
I need to find a modulator that uses solid state electronics to modulate the brakes.

Michelle:

--- Quote from: dbird29 on April 25, 2023, 10:46:13 AM ---I do know the ST-2 brake module will not work with the MCCruise cruise control.
--- End quote ---

Add a second brake light? I have a small LED bar under the taillight. It came with a second hand tail section and rather than remove it and leave screw holes, I put a ViziTec modulator on it. Seems to me the STS does the same thing, just automagically.
And it wouldn't trip the cruise.

dbird29:
I'm going to go with a modulator that is wired in series with the brake light and not a bridging one like the ST-2. BTW I have two ST-2s for sale. :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version