Author Topic: Wheel Chock For New Aluminum Trailer ?  (Read 3587 times)

Offline JS_racer

Wheel Chock For New Aluminum Trailer ?
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:14:31 AM »
looking for recommendations for a wheel chock for a new mc10 aluma trailer. i have the big black harbor freight chock already, but it looks huge on there. lol
my options are use the HF, go with a condor trailer only, or use a baxley with mounting kit,

my bike has a center stand, so trailer use only for the wheel chock, (not using the center stand on the trailer)
thanks much for the time!!

Joel
09 c14 concours

other question, should i put a layer of "something" under the chock before mounting it to the trailer ?? rubber or anything?

Offline Jrodizzle07

Re: Wheel Chock For New Aluminum Trailer ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 09:28:19 AM »
I've had this harbor freight one in my enclosed trailer for about 5 years and it works great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-60392.html
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline bbhzx12

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 12:48:24 PM »
I stopped using a wheel chock after learning how a motorcycle transport company tied bikes down.  All you need are 4 tie down points, 3 ratcheting tie down straps and a small towel.
1 strap from each side bar/triple tree/ect as straight as possible down to the floor.  The third strap is secured last, and makes a triangle through the rear wheel to 2 tie down points behind and to each side of the bike.  Where the strap goes through the rear wheel (the top point of the triangle) use the towel to protect the wheel.  You don't need excessive rearward tension on the rear strap, it just keeps the bike straight.
I pulled and enclosed trailer with 7 bikes from the Boston area to Robbinsville, NC. year after year using that method, I had flip up chocks I never bothered to use after I learned it.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 01:12:37 PM »
^^^ Interesting. I can't speak for other brands but I have a Bike Pro. I like being able to ride or push a bike in to the chock and the bike remains upright, without using the side or center stand. I guess I got lazy....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 01:58:33 PM »
found a smoking deal on a like new baxley sport chock, too good to pass up!!
plus the mounting, if done is super subtle,

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
If you want one that looks great, lasts forever and works great, get one of these:
http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/personalized-aluminum-wheel-chocks-natural-finish-pair.html