Author Topic: Drooping Mirror  (Read 1718 times)

Offline CoffeeRider

Drooping Mirror
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:41:31 PM »
I know this was answered in the old forum but alas it is gone. I have started to experience the dreaded Connie mirror droop and I know I once saw instructions on how to adjust the bolt by making a small slit in the mirror boot. Could someone kindly post these instructions again? Thanks!
2002 Concours (It's not grey, it's SilverDammit)
Targa windshield, Fender extender, Murph's knee savers, bar risers, Optronix driving lights, Garmin Quest GPS, hyperlights, Back off stop light flasher, backrest extender

Offline wildwilly

Re: Drooping Mirror
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:50:02 PM »
Check out this post.  I just took the liberty of adding this when I saw your post:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2066.0

Offline CoffeeRider

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »
 :) Thanks, Willy. That helps a lot!
2002 Concours (It's not grey, it's SilverDammit)
Targa windshield, Fender extender, Murph's knee savers, bar risers, Optronix driving lights, Garmin Quest GPS, hyperlights, Back off stop light flasher, backrest extender

Offline norcalbarney

• I got me an '86
    • Bikes, bro
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
I had the bottoms of my mirrors split, but if the nut comes all the way off the bottom of the bolt, it's very tough to get it restarted through the little slit.  I wound up cutting the rubber off the whole back of the mirror to get the bolt replaced.

I also switched the bolt for a metric hex bolt, flipped from stock, so the head is on the bottom and the nut is on top.  This lets me use a 90 degree hex on the bottom, clearing the faring, and a socket on top without clearing issues.  I'm happy with it this way, but it's uglier.