Author Topic: Adaptiv Glowrider Hi Viz Jacket  (Read 1535 times)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
Adaptiv Glowrider Hi Viz Jacket
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:31:26 PM »
Just got it today!  Hi viz with lights!  After riding for a day with Connie Mark, I decided I really liked the "Hi-Viz" safety aspect of riding.  Jacket comes in this color...or black...has a couple of handwarmer pockets in the front...along with a velcro pocket on each wrist...the RH wrist pocket has a connector for the very lightweight rechargeable battery for the lighting system...the battery has a push to activate power button...and the lighting glows constantly...one strip across the back, and one on each shoulder...up to about 12 hours on a full charge...velcro closure on the wrists...waterproof...zip-out full sleeve quilted liner...zippered vents front and back...and body armor...retails for $299.95...

In the flash pics, you can see the lighting strips...they are the dull sections of the reflective striping...they light up as a nice blue section when activated...

I have attached a couple of pics...flash for reflective properties...and no flash for the "glow"

Note:  I'm not sure about the "multi strip" effect in the dark pics...there is only one strip of lighting in each of the three areas...must be my camera...or my abilities...and...sorry about that Camelback in the background...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:04:52 PM by CRocker »
'02 C-10

Son of Pappy

Re: Adaptiv Glowrider Hi Viz Jacket
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/adaptive-technologies-glowrider-jacket/part/A-GLOWRIDER-JKT

So, how does the build quallity seem?  Did the size true or would you suggest a size up or down from what you normally wear?  I really like the looks of this jacket, I tend to ride mostly solo and since I'm out here in the Pacific Northwet it is often in limited visibility.  I always wear a mil spec Hi Vis yellow vest, but I think this jacket looks better and removes the added layer in the Summer.  I also think with the cut it may be a good DS jacket, what do you think?

Thanks for the pics, I think you just helped the MC industries economical outlook :)

Offline Connie Mark

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
Looks good. I just picked up this for Summer wear.

http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/mesh-tech/mens-switchback-mesh-tech-jacket/

Me pictured below.

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
I didn't recognize you with the shades...sorry :-[
'02 C-10

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:44 PM »
Pappy...I think it would make an OK DS jacket...limited pockets compared to the true DS jackets...the fit is right on...I'm 5'10"...195lbs...build quality seems very good...haven't found anything wrong with it...and, I know what you mean about that extra layer in the warmer (hot) months! 

I'm looking forward to a good, long ride to shake this baby down!
'02 C-10