Author Topic: Mad props to "Madstadt Engineering"  (Read 1394 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Mad props to "Madstadt Engineering"
« on: August 21, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
I'm at the start of prepping a single cylinder thumper for a cross country ride and camping trip in the desert, hopefully to include CA/AZ/NV

It was suggested before my KLR Iron Butt 1000 and the ride out west  "order an adjustable adv windshield". Quite pricey, but after talking with more folks who have them it was a no-brainer.

Place an order, check out with paypal.  Madstadt calls me and says "hey we're just north of Dade City, we'd like to meet you, we'll install the windshield free while you're here.  Also will knock off the price for cash and deduct delivery charges etc". Just wow. I pay them a visit and yes they installed an ADV shield on my KLR - Can't say enough about them, was a great time there too.

Tested to....(accidentally) above the freeway speed limit on knobbies. Thought I'd share a few pics I popped while there:

The black piece is metal and replaced the stock windscreen.  Its the same size as the stocker, and the adjustable Madstadt brackets mount to it.

Now we have some wind and elements protection. This is adjusted high, I wanted to ride from Dade City down the super slab with it "up there"

Just some random camera babbling while there

One of there guys there apparently goes the distance on a thumper too?

They bake and bend the plastic in this zombie chamber?

One or two more custom replacements for stocker windshields

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine