Author Topic: This is Why I Won't Be Going To CO Next Month  (Read 12278 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: This is Why I Won't Be Going To CO Next Month
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 07:16:19 AM »
I'm glad I'm not a biker.  I know many cops who ride.  Do they not like themselves?

Riding a motorcycle doesn't make someone a biker. If you view the motorcycling community like the military, bikers are the Grunts. There are 2 types of people in the military, Grunts and Pogs. MPs fall under the broad general heading of Pog.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 09:08:43 AM »
I lived in the Colorado Springs area for 26 years and the police are no better or worse than anywhere else. Some are excellent and go out of their way to help people and put their lives on the line. Others have less self control like the guy in this video. NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. Don't deprive yourself of some of the best motorcycling in the world because of some viral video.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 10:21:13 AM »
I lived in the Colorado Springs area for 26 years and the police are no better or worse than anywhere else. Some are excellent and go out of their way to help people and put their lives on the line. Others have less self control like the guy in this video. NO DIFFERENT THAN ANYWHERE ELSE. Don't deprive yourself of some of the best motorcycling in the world because of some viral video.

Exactly! Well said, Rhino.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:26 AM »
I think boycotts are a waste of time. If I don't like something I just don't do business with them.

Yogi Berra would have been proud of that statement. ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 11:20:30 AM »
....... I can't EVEN begin to tell you how many times I've wanted to smack the snot of of a mouthy teen. Male and female. They seem to think they can say or do virtually anything without reprise. My desire to not ride in the back of Officer Friendly's squad car was the only thing stopping me.

By the same token, even if the young lady was giving him lip or questioning his ancestry, he had no right to shove her into the seat or body slam her later on. And this was not a situation where the LEO's life and limb were in danger. Something about "to serve and protect"?
I suppose police brutality is an abstract concept until one personally or a near and dear person experiences it. Of course, my opinion here may be colored by the fact that the chick was not unattractive.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 11:40:08 AM »
. Of course, my opinion here may be colored by the fact that the chick was not unattractive.

That right there is an interesting statement and the topic of psychological studies.  Pretty girls get the benefit of the doubt.  Until they turn into real bitches.  :o

Saw a video where guys were falling over themselves to help a pretty girl steal a bicycle.  One even ignored his wife's insistence on calling the police.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 11:57:56 AM »
That right there is an interesting statement and the topic of psychological studies.  Pretty girls get the benefit of the doubt.  Until they turn into real bitches.  :o

Saw a video where guys were falling over themselves to help a pretty girl steal a bicycle.  One even ignored his wife's insistence on calling the police.

The wife probably wants to call the cops, even if the fellow just looks at a pretty girl.  :)
But it's no secret that good looking folks get extra breaks in every facet of life.
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
So I finally watched it. First off let me say that if you provide resistance to the police you may very well get this kind of treatment I figure you are in their house so you do what they say. Now, having said that, from what I can see of the video she did not make contact with him but what he was holding in his hand and his response was way out of proportion to what was needed. I see no problem awarding damages and even getting this guy fired.

Offline leisyman

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 12:19:07 PM »
If you wish to boycott our state, please do. that means more space on the roads for us who like it here.

Offline Mr. Green Genes

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 05:36:49 PM »
"you are in their house"
That's an interesting observation.  From more story than is shown in the video, I read they went to her house under some supposed "somebody called us about a gun" which turned out to be "no probable cause" and she wound up arrested.  1 possible summation, she was getting drunk at home when the storm troopers showed up, carried her away in handcuffs and beat the **** out of her.  Like that could not happen to someone here, other than me.
IMO if you go to someone's house and carry them away in handcuffs, their well being becomes your responsibility.  If you needed to put them in leg irons or a straight jacket, and did not bring them, then you are incompetent.  At no point, is beating the **** out of them acceptable.  It is unprofessional.

I don't know how much traction I will get out of this "Boycott CO" thing, and I am not so naïve to think this doesn't happen in TX. but the nature of my visit to CO would require inner peace and mental and Karmic balance as I was spending +$100 of dollars a day.  I just don't think I could block that image from my mind every morning when I got up & went about my day.

Now, if they fire the cop, charge him with assault and filing false reports, and expunge the plea bargained "guilty of assaulting a police officer" from the girls record, I will call it off.  It won't negate the fact that they've covered it up for 2 years, but it would at least look like an indication that good people were unaware of the situation.

By the way, North Idaho is a prettier ride than CO.  Less people too. 

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 06:16:00 PM »
Now that right there is a true statement. I sometimes even take advantage of those situations even though I know it is wrong.

Kirby

<snip>

But it's no secret that good looking folks get extra breaks in every facet of life.
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »
Hot Privilege. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline sanmo

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2015, 05:40:11 AM »
Now that right there is a true statement. I sometimes even take advantage of those situations even though I know it is wrong.

Kirby

There, there...my furry friend. Wrong, perhaps in the opinion of the less fortunate. But YOU deserve to walk around with your little rodent tail held high. :chugbeer:
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2015, 05:54:48 AM »
There, there...my furry friend. Wrong, perhaps in the opinion of the less fortunate. But YOU deserve to walk around with your little rodent tail held high. :chugbeer:
...but be careful who's following too closely...

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2015, 06:08:51 AM »
I would expect the same response if I kicked at a cop. What makes her immune?

+1

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2015, 09:14:07 AM »
I would expect the same response if I kicked at a cop. What makes her immune?

She is a woman, sitting down, with her hands cuffed behind her. If she were standing and not already restrained it would be different. I totally understand the cops frustration and anger but he has got to exercise some self control. That's the nature of the job.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
They have to be better than us if they wear a badge.  Lord knows, I couldn't do it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2015, 01:19:02 PM »
They have to be better than us if they wear a badge.  Lord knows, I couldn't do it.

+1 Exactly!

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
This is how you take a stand against "The Man" in Colorado...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2015, 06:30:10 PM »
I remember hearing about that. Wonder where he is now?