Author Topic: weird riding a cage to a meet point  (Read 2703 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
weird riding a cage to a meet point
« on: January 17, 2014, 07:40:41 PM »
But enjoyed going across the Sunshine Skyway bridge south towards the Everglades at dusk!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: weird riding a cage to a meet point
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:18:37 AM »
Dirtbiking, huh?
The grass isn't always greener.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »
I thought that had a plate on it?  I sense a trend here, seems you have posted several pics of a few bikes in the bed ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 07:24:38 AM »
Oh great, another distracted driver in a cage!

Put that camera down and pay attention to what you're sposed to be doing!    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:37 AM »
Oh great, another distracted driver in a cage!

Put that camera down and pay attention to what you're sposed to be doing!    ;)

:rotflmao: :goodpost:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:01:10 PM »
I thought that had a plate on it?  I sense a trend here, seems you have posted several pics of a few bikes in the bed ;)

It is plated but its still a 14/49 geared 250 pound uber-light dirt bike. Trying to run 80 MPH on the Sunshine Skyway bridgewithout being blown off?  No way!  Now leaving the desert/woods/marshlands/rocks to go get a bit of gas, hit the next offorad section,  or make and chat  new friends, yes its tagged and registered =)

I ran the 1 cylinder KLR across the country and back. Thats off the bucket to-do list and I'm riding in mad comfort and style to my ADV meet points and then ride a few hundred miles off road.  Or in the case of the TAT ride, 2 weeks off road and a few thousand miles off road

ORANGE in the back of the truck to Moab and White Rim Trail in April, then Vegas (Nevada for hundreds of off road miles checking out and climbing in abandoned mines and night rides in the desert), Death Valley, Mohave, Baha, then back   8)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »
Steve, are you going to dump the orange one when you're done like you did the KLR?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
Steve, are you going to dump the orange one when you're done like you did the KLR?

No the KTM is a keeper, the KLR was only for my self challenge of riding a 1 cylinder bike 3000 miles to a desert meet point and back.