Author Topic: OK stevewfl  (Read 6597 times)

Offline overthehill

OK stevewfl
« on: July 01, 2011, 09:14:41 PM »
Looked at the flat radius.  I am going with the 190/55's for my 08.  Will let you know if I thank you.  Hoping it handles as well as the C10.
1987 Connie gone
2003 Goldwing (yikes, no lean angle) gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: OK stevewfl
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 09:27:25 PM »
Great. What size tire are you putting on the back of that C-14?

;D

Brian

Looked at the flat radius.  I am going with the 190/55's for my 08.  Will let you know if I thank you.  Hoping it handles as well as the C10.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline overthehill

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 09:33:10 PM »
Looked at the flat radius.  I am going with the 190/55's for my 08.
1987 Connie gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »
Yeah, I was making a funny implying you were going to put that 190/55 on the front of your C-14. Sorry, my rapier sharp wit is a little loose tonight. I think I am re-hydrated and thinking clearly.

Brian

Looked at the flat radius.  I am going with the 190/55's for my 08.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
WORD!  let me know how you enjoy them. Jeremy reported great news with his too.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:44 PM »
Yeah, I was making a funny implying you were going to put that 190/55 on the front of your C-14. Sorry, my rapier sharp wit is a little loose tonight. I think I am re-hydrated and thinking clearly.

Brian

:chugbeer:     :chugbeer:     :chugbeer:

Offline overthehill

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »
Yeah, I was making a funny implying you were going to put that 190/55 on the front of your C-14. Sorry, my rapier sharp wit is a little loose tonight. I think I am re-hydrated and thinking clearly

That's OK.  I had to reread my post just to make sure I did it OK.  Sometimes I write after I am well rehydrated.
1987 Connie gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
I think that is called 'pickled', not rehydrated. ;)

Brian

That's OK.  I had to reread my post just to make sure I did it OK.  Sometimes I write after I am well rehydrated.

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 04:07:44 AM »
does center ware increase with the change in tire size ??
debated this but the bt-023 doesn't come in a 55??

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 07:01:03 AM »
does center ware increase with the change in tire size ??
debated this but the bt-023 doesn't come in a 55??

I've wondered the same thing.  I live in Houston - where we have to travel an awful lot of straight line miles to get to a few curves (but we do!).  I'm concerned about the more "pointy" profile wearing down more quickly.  But I do plan to put a 55 series on in the next few weeks, so I guess I'll find out.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
I've wondered the same thing.  I live in Houston - where we have to travel an awful lot of straight line miles to get to a few curves (but we do!).  I'm concerned about the more "pointy" profile wearing down more quickly.  But I do plan to put a 55 series on in the next few weeks, so I guess I'll find out.

I haven't noticed any additional wear due to the profile.  I currently have 3500 miles on my 190/55 and there is around 6mm of tread down the center and I have about 5mm on the sides. I am hoping to get 7-8,000 miles out of it.  The faster turn in makes this tire a no-brainer for me. I have found a winner, but I might try the PR3 in a 55 for fall and winter riding. 

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Why would there be additional wear they didn't deduct from the tire they built up the middle more and charge a few bux more.

I don't run these tires till the tread is gone anyway, tires get hard and slick long beofre they run slap out of tread and i like that fresh feeling under me.

I find it nice when people put on a new set of a different brand and say "brand X had 7000 plus miles on them, changed to brand y and they are so much stickier"  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »
Apparently Steve, you're the "tire guy" around here because I'm taking your advice as well and putting on a 190/55 too.

Oh and Brian that will be my rear tire!!!  ;D ;)

-Chris

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
Apparently Steve, you're the "tire guy" around here because I'm taking your advice as well and putting on a 190/55 too.

Oh and Brian that will be my rear tire!!!  ;D ;)

-Chris

Let us know how you like it!  I'm not the tire guy, that great advise was shared with me and I tried a 55 and was like WOW

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 06:36:42 PM »
The bike is at the dealer for it's 20K service. They are going to have the Michelin rep come down and take a look at the tires and see if there is anything they'll do for me. I'm not getting my hopes up, so I'm planning on going with Pirelli Angels next. My wife and I are going to the BRP and Dragon in August, so I'm going to ride these PR3's for a little while longer and then two weeks before we go, I'm getting the Angels put on. I had good luck with them on my 06 Multi, so let's hope that luck continues with this beast!!!

-Chris

Offline overthehill

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 06:00:55 PM »
500 miles in the Colorado Rockies.  Holy crap, I have a new bike.  Turn in is so easy.  Not quite the C10,  but definitly flickable.  Steve, my hat is off to you for the best farkle yet.  Thanks.
1987 Connie gone
1999 Connie gone
2008 Connie

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 06:43:24 PM »
Ordered the 190/55s myself.  Be here Monday, I can't wait to see how I like em.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:17:40 PM »
500 miles in the Colorado Rockies.  Holy crap, I have a new bike.  Turn in is so easy.  Not quite the C10,  but definitly flickable.  Steve, my hat is off to you for the best farkle yet.  Thanks.

Thank you sir, I was just sharing my experience. After I put them on my impression was:   "wow these 190/55's ^%$&ing ROCK in the turns compared to 50's!"