Author Topic: Soot in the exhaust!  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Rawman

Re: Soot in the exhaust!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
you asked that before, on this bike I want max distance between gas stops, I'm keeping it absolutely bone stock (unlike any other bike I've ever owned)

and yea that bazooka is nutz!
My fuel mileage went UP after AreaP Full System and PC-V.  You don't have to downshift, the power is just THERE!  Also the PC-V map cuts out fuel in almost every section.  I gained 3-5 mpg after the switch and I think I ride it harder, just to hear that beautiful AreaP Carbon Can sing!

BTW, the soot went WAY down after the full system.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
So why do you still have that howitzer on your ride? ;)

I think Steve just likes big cans, we've all seen the pics he's posted...  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 04:52:57 AM »
Your mpg has to go up after switching out the stock can doesn't it? That thing must weigh at least 250lbs!    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jaymohn

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
Just currious what you all set your target A/F ratio on the PVC autotune combo?  I'd like to get the best MPG without any risk of running too lean. 

Offline Fretka

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 12:00:32 PM »
Just currious what you all set your target A/F ratio on the PVC autotune combo?  I'd like to get the best MPG without any risk of running too lean.

Now the benefit of a pc5 with auto-tune versus an ECU re-flash becomes more evident.

I feel pretty comfy with an AFR of around 13.8. If it's mileage you're chasing, some folks would go leaner than that... 14.2 seems about as lean as I would trust. Best practice would be to set cruising gear/throttle/speed area to a lean condition and leave all other cells at a more normal 13.4. Play with it and see what works for you.

Fretka
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14