Author Topic: G. D*mn Dealers!!!  (Read 10495 times)

Offline booger

Re: G. D*mn Dealers!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
Your'e the one that rounded it out, not them ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 06:50:11 AM »
brake disc bolts are notorious for freezing up so  I wouldnt blame the shop ,you want those bolts tight .
Buy an impact driver ,its a handy tool to have around  for just these kinds of bolts.
BTW ,nobody removes brake discs to change tires.

Really?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 07:11:29 AM »
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
I hate to disagree with some of you.  This is about Chicken or Eggs!

Since you like to do everything yourself, bring your bike to dealer or independent shop ONLY when you have to....guess what...how can any dealer or independent pays their employees well since you don't buy s#$t???

Again, you only bring your bike to dealer when there is warranty problem...warranty jobs don't pay s#$t either. 

So, if you like to blame that young low wage paying lube monkey that work on your bike...you should look at the mirror and see who started it?

By the way, I love you all in the forum.  PEACE   ;D
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
 :popcorn:
'02 C-10

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
Better yet, let's use the technicians...wait...they called 'back-yard' mechanics to work on your bikes from hole in the wall shop!  The owner of that hole in the wall shop MUST spent thousands every month to Factory Trained those 'back-yard' mechanics!  Oh yeah, don't forget all the benefits comes with working in the hole in the wall shop, 401K, discount on parts, vacations and etc.

If you like to see better qualities, spend the money at the dealership or even hole in the wall shops...

Just ask yourself, when was the last time you spend oil and filter change at the dealer?  How about brake fluid flush?  What about a major service?

By the way, I still love you all in the forum!   :chugbeer:
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 07:17:45 PM »
Ah what the hell, I like drama, I'll tune in for a couple more rounds...

:popcorn:

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:20 PM »
I can keep going on this "G. D*mn Dealers!!" topic!

Do you know why the dealers Service Manager didn't want to warranty your sh#t when its broken or 'maybe' under warranty?  Because you didn't spend sh#t at the dealer!  Also, you dick their survey because the dealer 'might' have scratched your bike, or their 'courtesy' wash was not perfect!  THEY KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!  You expect good service or cover under warranty next time...think again!

Can you tell I might be working at a dealership?

Love ya man!

2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
Irule, your points are well taken, but....  Warranty be damned, that stuff needs to be covered weather or not I suck up to a service manager.

Also, many businesses are nice to customers up front in a effort to keep them.   I have a dealer in Salt Lake that suckered me in by searching for "A" spoke...as in a single spoke, for  a bike they did not even sell.  45 minutes later they found one and charged me zero for it.  I buy my accessories there as long as the price is even semi competitive.

YoDoc

« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »
Irule, your points are well taken, but....  Warranty be damned, that stuff needs to be covered weather or not I suck up to a service manager.

<snip>

Right, it should. But you don't have to be a dick, either. I have never worked at a dealership, but I have worked in a few "Customer Service" positions. I heard all the time "the customer is always right" and many *old-timers* complain that it isn't that way anymore. Well, if the customer is nice to me, I'll be nice to the customer. I'm sorry you had an issue, but it probably isn't my fault. I more than likely didn't do anything to personally cause this problem. Yelling at ME, and screaming at ME, and cussing at ME, isn't going to solve anything. The only thing it's going to do is make me irate and frustrated, which is the same thing that happens to everybody when they get insulted or yelled at for something that isn't their fault.

*this does not refer to anybody in this conversation, it's only an example.*

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
Support your local dealer in all areas if you want to have a local dealer.  People that go to great lengths to buy at the lowest price period elsewhere then bitch about local warranty service are crazy.  They would go to the back of any list of service I had.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:58:48 AM by mikeboileau »

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »
Right, it should. But you don't have to be a dick, either. I have never worked at a dealership, but I have worked in a few "Customer Service" positions. I heard all the time "the customer is always right" and many *old-timers* complain that it isn't that way anymore. Well, if the customer is nice to me, I'll be nice to the customer. I'm sorry you had an issue, but it probably isn't my fault. I more than likely didn't do anything to personally cause this problem. Yelling at ME, and screaming at ME, and cussing at ME, isn't going to solve anything. The only thing it's going to do is make me irate and frustrated, which is the same thing that happens to everybody when they get insulted or yelled at for something that isn't their fault.

*this does not refer to anybody in this conversation, it's only an example.*

:goodpost:

And to be a little off topic - I work in IT which is really a customer service job and its amazing how many people are completely rude to us even though their issue is not our fault (when it is our fault, I accept the rudeness to a point).  I've been in offices of some of those people and listened to them yell on the phone at other people (family, doctors, auto places) and I've realized some people are just used to yelling all day to get what they want like a kid and sadly it gets them what they want just to shut them up.

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

YoDoc

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
:goodpost:

And to be a little off topic - I work in IT which is really a customer service job and its amazing how many people are completely rude to us even though their issue is not our fault (when it is our fault, I accept the rudeness to a point).  I've been in offices of some of those people and listened to them yell on the phone at other people (family, doctors, auto places) and I've realized some people are just used to yelling all day to get what they want like a kid and sadly it gets them what they want just to shut them up.

My boy is two and he knows yelling doesn't get him anything. He knows yelling only gets him two things: in trouble, and deeper in trouble. He IS two though, so he still does it.   :P

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
No one asking anyone to suck up to the service manager.  As you know, you'll get more using honey.  There are definitely gray areas when comes to warranty, truth me, I know...I am a service manager!! 

However, I completely agreed that the dealer (or any businesses) and the employees need to be professional and polite, the customers pay for your salary!

The point about this topic "G. D*mn Dealers!!" is that everyone makes mistake!  What's important is how the dealer handle their mistakes!  We need to support local businesses, not internet!  Especially when you like to b#tch about the dealers or other local businesses when you don't spend money there.
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »

YoDoc

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »