Author Topic: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection  (Read 72977 times)

Offline gadallah

Re: Top Block Racing - side sliders and tip over protection
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »
My only question is: Will they fit with Ronnie's Highway pegs installed?

Yes, Fred H. (who is conspicuous by his absence from this forum) has Top Blocks and Ronnie's Hwy pigs installed on his bike. They look good together.

Offline Wanderlust

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
You mean that C-14 wasn't layed down for demonstration purposes?   :)

I was doing a U-turn on a gravel parking area where there was a significant incline. I misjudged the road camber and when I put my foot out to steady the bike, my boot slid on the gravel. I had to lay it down in a semi-controlled fashion. Most embarrassing part was having to flag down someone to help me lift the bike because of the loose gravel and incline (there was no way I was going to be able to lift it and put it up on the sidestand steadily with all the loose crap on the ground). Since the bike did not rock on the ground, I sustained no damage other than a tiny scarring of the plastic guard - and of course some temporary damage to my dignity and wits lol.
Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, Hey, is there room in your head for one more?

Offline AftonJay

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »
I just did a search for them under the kawaski part number 123CPS0032 and found some on ebay for 577.00 but they have the logo.  May be an option if TBR does not get back to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAWASAKI-GTR-1400-ENGINE-GUARDS-123CPS0032-/190474501560

I still dont understand why we do not get all the same accesories as Europe, what do we not drop our bikes as much? 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 02:57:10 PM »
I just did a search for them under the kawaski part number 123CPS0032 and found some on ebay for 577.00 but they have the logo.  May be an option if TBR does not get back to you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAWASAKI-GTR-1400-ENGINE-GUARDS-123CPS0032-/190474501560

I still dont understand why we do not get all the same accesories as Europe, what do we not drop our bikes as much?

If you do want the Kawi branded ones the problem is finding a shop that will ship them to the US, the ebay link you attached says they only ship within the UK...

If you do want to order the Kawi ones I did find a shop that will ship them to the US, I even spoke with them on the phone back when I was hunting for a set, here's a link to their shop.

http://www.cornwallkawasaki.co.uk/shop/shop.php?cmd=listproducts&cat=754&id=1262&pageOffset=1

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

If you do want the Kawi branded ones the problem is finding a shop that will ship them to the US, the ebay link you attached says they only ship within the UK...

If you do want to order the Kawi ones I did find a shop that will ship them to the US, I even spoke with them on the phone back when I was hunting for a set, here's a link to their shop.

http://www.cornwallkawasaki.co.uk/shop/shop.php?cmd=listproducts&cat=754&id=1262&pageOffset=1

Just checked it out and it says they are only available for 2008-2009.  Thoughts?
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:27 PM »
Just checked it out and it says they are only available for 2008-2009.  Thoughts?

Sorry, I only hunted for ones for my 09, I'm not sure about the 10/11...

You could send them an email to see if available for the 10/11, I emailed them about shipping cost and they emailed me back the next day.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

The slider part is black, or are you referring to the arm part? Here's a pic of them on mine, I think they look great! The silver arm matches the swing arm and bars etc on my bike, so I think they fit right in nicely IMO... You could have the arms powder coated black though if you wanted prior to installing them, that might look pretty cool too...

Man I love the looks of that black bike with the duel carbon silencers!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:08 PM »
Man I love the looks of that black bike with the duel carbon silencers!

Thanks Rhino, much appreciated brutha!  :) 

Offline Debs

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
I have just bought these as cannot afford the other types..

http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=71

...................................................................................................

I also enquired @ MC Enterprises for the cost of the Police Accessories for the GTR1400 09 Model, Here are the prices that have been quoted to me. 1400-100 Engine/Fairing Guards black $350.00, 1400-300 Small Side Bag Guards black $175.00. The estimated shipping cost via USPS is $83.00 to the UK..... I wont be getting any but you now have an idea of price.

http://www.mcenterprises.com
Ride Forever Fee

Offline Debs

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »
I am new here so I thought I would upload a pic of my baby..   :)
Ride Forever Fee

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
On your frontal shot, what are the humps on your mirrors, and are the mirrors also carbon covered?  ???
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline Debs

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »
They are blind spot mirrors and both are covered in carbon wrap. Looks so much better.
Ride Forever Fee

Offline att2008vn

• C14 2010 ABS
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »
I have just bought these as cannot afford the other types..

http://projektd.com/product_info.php?products_id=71

...................................................................................................

I also enquired @ MC Enterprises for the cost of the Police Accessories for the GTR1400 09 Model, Here are the prices that have been quoted to me. 1400-100 Engine/Fairing Guards black $350.00, 1400-300 Small Side Bag Guards black $175.00. The estimated shipping cost via USPS is $83.00 to the UK..... I wont be getting any but you now have an idea of price.

http://www.mcenterprises.com

me too purcahsed Projekt D Frame Slider, they are very good customer support, my own opinion and i m not working for them, just a happy customer.

The slider is great, easy to install with clear instruction but the problem with it is if you bike dropped, even slightly on it, you have to re-tight the bolt that hold the slider in place and after 2 drops, the bracket is gone.

I just got the Top-block ones, dar** they are expensive, nicely packing and very lousy instruction, i do speak French but the printed photos are there to prove that they have photo only, you cannot see a thing and hardly understand a word in there.  Photos from Fred Hammond is all you need to do the installation

at

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2011, 06:16:55 AM »
me too purcahsed Projekt D Frame Slider, they are very good customer support, my own opinion and i m not working for them, just a happy customer.

The slider is great, easy to install with clear instruction but the problem with it is if you bike dropped, even slightly on it, you have to re-tight the bolt that hold the slider in place and after 2 drops, the bracket is gone.

I just got the Top-block ones, dar** they are expensive, nicely packing and very lousy instruction, i do speak French but the printed photos are there to prove that they have photo only, you cannot see a thing and hardly understand a word in there.  Photos from Fred Hammond is all you need to do the installation

at

I'm reading this post for the first time, and as I go through it I can't believe nobody has addressed the obvious.  If the bike falls over it's going to mess up those nice looking "sliders".  At around $600, whats the point of having them.  I doubt if it would cost any more to replace the fairing side panel that its designed to protect.  Am I missing something?  I don't read french so I didn't spend any time looking at their site, but the only plausible answer I have is if it has an inexpensive plastic cover that can be replaced.  But if not, why spend money on a $600 part to save a $600 part?  While my numbers may be off, I'm sure ya'll see my point.  Any thoughts?
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline redbarber

• Arena
  • '09 ABS (wife on '08 Can-AM Spyder follows)
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »
I'm reading this post for the first time, and as I go through it I can't believe nobody has addressed the obvious.  If the bike falls over it's going to mess up those nice looking "sliders".  At around $600, whats the point of having them.  I doubt if it would cost any more to replace the fairing side panel that its designed to protect.  Am I missing something?  I don't read french so I didn't spend any time looking at their site, but the only plausible answer I have is if it has an inexpensive plastic cover that can be replaced.  But if not, why spend money on a $600 part to save a $600 part?  While my numbers may be off, I'm sure ya'll see my point.  Any thoughts?
1)most tip-overs have resulted in alot more than $600 in damage.  2) I'm pretty sure that if all you needed was a single block, not all the hardware and mounting components, you could purchase one for less than the price of the entire kit.  (However, I couldn't find anyinfo on purchasing these from the english version of the web site.)
If you take yourself too seriously, nobody else will.  Humor is all around you, make it your quest to find all of it!

Offline att2008vn

• C14 2010 ABS
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2011, 06:58:06 AM »
i installed the Top-block one today, it s beautiful, based on my own experiences with a few crash, slides and tip-overs on different bikes, these are the best sliders in term of look, protection and sure it s the most expensive ones too  ;D ;D ;D.

Unless it s a crash or slides, these sliders wouldn't be that bad damage if you just tip your bike over, unlike the case with the Projekt D ones.

at

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2011, 09:40:53 AM »
1)most tip-overs have resulted in alot more than $600 in damage.  2) I'm pretty sure that if all you needed was a single block, not all the hardware and mounting components, you could purchase one for less than the price of the entire kit.  (However, I couldn't find anyinfo on purchasing these from the english version of the web site.)

Correct, you can buy just a replacement pad (just the black part) for about $150 from them.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2011, 09:43:27 AM »
i installed the Top-block one today, it s beautiful, based on my own experiences with a few crash, slides and tip-overs on different bikes, these are the best sliders in term of look, protection and sure it s the most expensive ones too  ;D ;D ;D .

Unless it s a crash or slides, these sliders wouldn't be that bad damage if you just tip your bike over, unlike the case with the Projekt D ones.

at

Congrats AT!  :thumbs: 

Post up some pics of how they look on your Connie bro.  :chugbeer:

Offline att2008vn

• C14 2010 ABS
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
Here you go with the Top-block Sliders.

Personally (i saw some same comment in here too) i would prefer to have the the full black Delrin side upward instead of in this picture but for the moment i m keeping the silver alu part upward as it s designed for, fearing that if it s downward, sand/dust might stuck in there ....i might turn it up side down later to see

at

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 02:44:05 AM »
Here you go with the Top-block Sliders.

Personally (i saw some same comment in here too) i would prefer to have the the full black Delrin side upward instead of in this picture but for the moment i m keeping the silver alu part upward as it s designed for, fearing that if it s downward, sand/dust might stuck in there ....i might turn it up side down later to see

at

Remus Hexacone Ti?  :chugbeer:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.