Author Topic: 1997 Kawasaki Concours C 10  (Read 861 times)

Offline Dan in Grand Rapids

1997 Kawasaki Concours C 10
« on: September 26, 2023, 10:44:33 AM »
1997 Kawasaki Concours
Grand Rapids, MI
84,147 miles

I have owned this bike since December 2006 and have ridden it through many states and taken lots of great trips. It is a very reliable, fast, and comfortable tourer that is barely broken in. My wife also says that it is comfortable for her as she has spent a lot of time riding pillion. I have maintenance records since I bought it, and even some from before. Every time I did anything to it, I recorded what I did and the mileage. Much of the work that I did to it was either to make it better or because I was bored during long Michigan winters. The pictures are not great because of overcast weather every time I tried to take them, but I can send better ones if interested. It is shiny, clean, and it better shape than many bikes much younger. This is a great budget tourer that is ready to go. It needs nothing to head out on a long road trip. Fly into Grand Rapids and ride off into the sunset.

Here are the extras/mods:

It comes with a Rifle windshield, as well as a cut down stock screen.

Sonic 1.1 front springs

Bergman Manual Petcock Conversion

KB Fork Brace

All screws replaced with Murph’s screw kit

Auxiliary fuse block

2 extra LED brake lights in the back

Extra lights on the front

Heated grip inserts

2 Minute mod (carb rejetting and air box modification)—much more torque than stock

7 degree exhaust cam advancement—also more torque

Baker Air Wings

Braided stainless steel brake and clutch lines

Tank bra

Helmet lock relocated for easier access

Cut down rear fender so you can get the rear wheel off when it is on the center stand

Quick release tank bolts

Shinko Verge tires front and rear with about 1,400 miles on them over 2 years. I like how they handle.

Rear shock from a ZZR 1200

Rear top box that locks and removed easily. I also have all the mounts to add a Givi Monokey box on the back

Cloth bags that are the exact size of the locking side bags. You can then just pull your stuff out easily without having to take the bags all the way off.

T-Cro Shift Linkage

I also have other random things for it like extra oil filter etc.

Great bike and well taken care of. It will give the new owners many thousands of trouble free miles. It is hard to price a bike that I have owned for so long, so I would like to start at $1,700 OBO. I bought it with 18,000 miles and it is a much better bike now. It is faster, has better brakes and handles much better. Let me know if there is interest or more pictures are needed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 05:45:11 PM by Dan in Grand Rapids »
1997 Concours
1999 KLR 650

Re: 1997 Kawasaki Concours C 10
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 02:34:34 PM »
I still have this bike and it is waiting for the next owner. I have ridden it a couple of times in the last week. It runs great and is such an amazing bike. If interested, let me know if you have questions.
1997 Concours
1999 KLR 650

Re: 1997 Kawasaki Concours C 10—sold
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 07:57:31 AM »
This bike is now sold.
1997 Concours
1999 KLR 650