Author Topic: C14 advice pls  (Read 15253 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: C14 advice pls
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 07:14:52 AM »
Oh SoP... I really just don't know what to do with you bro, you're trapped in a silverdammit world of denial...

Yeah, 'cause we all know that *REAL* silver (2011) is the color to have :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:19 AM »
Oh SoP... I really just don't know what to do with you bro, you're trapped in a silverdammit world of denial...

;D ;D ;D    :chugbeer:

Some like 'Ludes and some like---------------cafeine :P

Spring is just around the corner, we got some riding to catch up on :thumbs:

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 08:45:50 AM »
Some like 'Ludes and some like---------------cafeine :P

Spring is just around the corner, we got some riding to catch up on :thumbs:

Chet, just be prepared for the mid ride cleaning.  Jay doesn't travel over 50 miles without a complete detail.   ;D   
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
Chet, just be prepared for the mid ride cleaning.  Jay doesn't travel over 50 miles without a complete detail.   ;D
Jay could give some roadside cleaning tips, some of the roads we'll be traveling will start out in rain land and end up in desert like conditions.  I hear he is looking at a trailer to haul all the cleaning supplies.  If he goes longer then 50 miles it starts resembling a silver bike ;D  I'll have a camera to document the beutification efforts :o  I sure hope he skips the tire shine, things will be slow enough that slick tires would make the journey feel like I'm riding with a coupla Harleys :P :P :P :-*

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »

Jay could give some roadside cleaning tips, some of the roads we'll be traveling will start out in rain land and end up in desert like conditions.  I hear he is looking at a trailer to haul all the cleaning supplies.  If he goes longer then 50 miles it starts resembling a silver bike ;D  I'll have a camera to document the beutification efforts :o  I sure hope he skips the tire shine, things will be slow enough that slick tires would make the journey feel like I'm riding with a coupla Harleys :P :P :P :-*

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 12:40:31 PM by ZG »

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »
What's the color of asphalt?  How fast does that go?  And Harleys are primarily what?  It is a purty color standing still, after each daily washing ;D

And what color are STOP lights?  Red.

Quicksilver fellers ;D  Subtle green streaks would make it illegal ;)

Nice attempt at rationalization but black is the fastest color. Harley went with the color in an attempt to overcome an out date bad design.  Let not pick on the museum piece and focus on the real issue. The fastest vehicle man has made was the SR-71 BLACKBIRD!  Not silver, not red, therefore Black is the fastest color.

;)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
Well, Black didn't work out so well for Harleys and the Blackbird started as silver but they couldn't get the wings to stay on due to the unexpected power and speed so they painted it black ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
Nice attempt at rationalization but black is the fastest color. Harley went with the color in an attempt to overcome an out date bad design.  Let not pick on the museum piece and focus on the real issue. The fastest vehicle man has made was the SR-71 BLACKBIRD!  Not silver, not red, therefore Black is the fastest color.

;)

Hmmmm, actually the fastest man made vehicle is the New Horizons space craft launched at 36,373 mph. It looks silver to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Horizons But sadly I say this only because I couldn't fine a blue space craft.  :'(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »
Hmmmm, actually the fastest man made vehicle is the New Horizons space craft launched at 36,373 mph. It looks silver to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Horizons But sadly I say this only because I couldn't fine a blue space craft.  :'(

That's funny! I looked in the same place. Let's limit the speed record to at least something that a man can ride on/in shall we?

Looks like silver wins again!

Apollo 10  24,846mph

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 06:27:31 AM »
That's funny! I looked in the same place. Let's limit the speed record to at least something that a man can ride on/in shall we?

Apollo 10  24,846mph

Silver with some black.  Maybe I'm on to something....   ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 07:01:27 AM »

Apollo 10  24,846mph

I see a lot of blue in this picture... just saying...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2012, 07:02:47 AM »
Silver with some black.  Maybe I'm on to something....   ;D

You would be onto something if your bike were silver, but it is not... it is light baby blue :)   
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2012, 07:05:56 AM »

Looks like silver wins again!  Apollo 10  24,846mph

As much as I would love to agree with you, the Apollo 10 was white with some black squares....

http://history.nasa.gov/ap10fj/photos/ground/ap10-KSC-69PC-131HR.jpg

Offline capt chaos

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »

New Horizons is often erroneously given the title of Fastest Spacecraft Ever Launched, when in fact the Helios probes are the holders of that title. To be more specific New Horizons achieved the highest launch velocity and thus left Earth faster than any other spacecraft to date. It is also the first spacecraft launched directly into a solar escape trajectory, which requires an approximate velocity of 16.5 km/s (36,900 mph), plus losses, all to be provided by the launcher. However, it will not be the fastest spacecraft to leave the Solar System. This record is held by Voyager 1, currently travelling at 17.145 km/s (38,400 mph) relative to the Sun. Voyager 1 attained greater hyperbolic excess velocity from Jupiter and Saturn gravitational slingshots than New Horizons. Other spacecraft, such as Helios 1 & 2, can also be measured as the fastest objects, due to their orbital velocity relative to the Sun at perihelion. However, because they remain in solar orbit, their orbital energy relative to the Sun is lower than the five probes, and three other third stages on hyperbolic trajectories, including New Horizons, that achieved solar escape velocity, as the Sun has a much deeper gravitational well than Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_probes
2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
You would be onto something if your bike were silver, but it is not... it is light baby blue :)

I will just assume that you are colorblind after a comment like that.   ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 07:53:26 AM »
As much as I would love to agree with you, the Apollo 10 was white with some black squares....

http://history.nasa.gov/ap10fj/photos/ground/ap10-KSC-69PC-131HR.jpg

There you go messing up our fun with the facts again.    ;)

That's what I was thinking too.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline OregonJim

• Think Blue
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
If I may return to my original topic...
I forgot to ask about vibration. My 1986 Concours buzzed the handlebars and footpegs pretty strongly. How does the new version compare?
Thanks again
Jim
2012 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 10:04:19 AM »

Nah, I actually have pretty good vision.  I know blue when I see it.  :P

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »
If I may return to my original topic...
I forgot to ask about vibration. My 1986 Concours buzzed the handlebars and footpegs pretty strongly. How does the new version compare?

I don't seem to have any vibration at all on my 2011 Concours.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »
No vibes on my '08, I have heard of a few, but the buzzing, for the most part, was loose plastic bits, more of an annoying sound then hand numbing vibes.  A coupla have had the dreaded buz, but I would say the overwhelming majority do not have the buz.