Author Topic: Low Fuel indicater disables other computer functions?  (Read 11958 times)

Offline tonedeaf

Re: Low Fuel indicater disables other computer functions?
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
I agree also.  Clearing it is far too difficult and should be something the rider can do from the handlebar button.  Leaving off the remaining range AT A TIME YOU NEED IT MOST is just icing on the cake.  My advice:  zero the A trip when you fill the tank.  Zero the B trip when you get the low fuel message (and clear the damn blinky)... so at least you will know how many miles it has been SINCE you went on virtual "reserve".

I am not sure, but I suspect that the degree of "uncertainty" in the range calculations is why they turn it off -- it might be 15 miles and it might be "cough, sputter, chug..."

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
I am not sure, but I suspect that the degree of "uncertainty" in the range calculations is why they turn it off -- it might be 15 miles and it might be "cough, sputter, chug..."

Oh, I am quite sure that is why they did it- they didn't want people relying on it and then complaining when they ran out of gas!  So why not give us an "automatic count-up since reserve" then?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 06:39:09 AM »
i tried this this morning and it worked great.  no range mode though just "low fuel".  little red LED comes on and you can still use the LCD display.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 05:04:24 PM »
i tried this this morning and it worked great.  no range mode though just "low fuel".  little red LED comes on and you can still use the LCD display.

Yeah, it was one of the first questions I asked or maybe answers discovered on the previous (exploded) forum.  I tried everything to clear the damn distracting and infuriating LOW FUEL message before discovering the solution from the forum (which is, shall we say, far from intuitive).  Gotta love the forum!

At least we don't have to press the brake, honk the horn three times, activate the left turn signal, press three buttons at once, and then flash the high-beams to clear the warning.  So think of the bright side!  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Viking

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 02:01:36 PM »

At least we don't have to press the brake, honk the horn three times, activate the left turn signal, press three buttons at once, and then flash the high-beams to clear the warning.  So think of the bright side!  :)

That's for setting the time on the digital clock.

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »

i have a headache now........... :o

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2011, 04:58:32 PM »

i have a headache now........... :o

Well, I have seen some pretty similar ridiculous yet similar gyrations listed in factory car manuals for setting different options or controlling the electronics in the car.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »
Yeah, it was one of the first questions I asked or maybe answers discovered on the previous (exploded) forum.  I tried everything to clear the damn distracting and infuriating LOW FUEL message before discovering the solution from the forum (which is, shall we say, far from intuitive).  Gotta love the forum!

All that and you still have to turn sideways and cough! :o
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »
I don't think that guy is part of the LCD dash warning system Jim. You have to be careful who's directions you follow....

;)

Brian

All that and you still have to turn sideways and cough! :o
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com