Author Topic: Final Drive Failure...  (Read 13444 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Final Drive Failure...
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:33 PM »
We should probably resurrect the drive shaft thread.  It's about time.  We have enough new members to start a real good scare....  Maybe we should tell them about the side cases ejecting as well...  I don't know, I'm on my second tonic/Irish Whiskey so I'm game if anyone else is.  But if we do, let's just start new threads for those.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »
OH CRAP!!  Drive failures?  Brian & Jim Say it Ain't SO!!! So if I wrap my side cases with chicken wire and my nylon straps, will I be safe?  What if I switch to synthetic NOW, will that help?  OMG someone please tell my wife that  I NEED the new BMW 1600 to stay safe! 

Actually, I'm just speculatin' but I'd bet that the dealer didn't fill that assembly with gear oil after installation.  That would of course cause a 'bearing failure'.  These shafts are pretty much bullet proof, IF you lube them properly....

We should probably resurrect the drive shaft thread.  It's about time.  We have enough new members to start a real good scare....  Maybe we should tell them about the side cases ejecting as well...  I don't know, I'm on my second tonic/Irish Whiskey so I'm game if anyone else is.  But if we do, let's just start new threads for those.
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

Offline bbhzx12

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
Which tires are better for preventing Kipass failures?

Offline texrider

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »

They're all crap if not inflated with nitrogen.... 8)
2014 Valkyrie

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2011, 11:32:54 PM »
After this thread we can revive talk about the "flying pannier" problems too, right? Complete with pinning and after market parts suggestions

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 04:51:17 AM »

They're all crap if not inflated with nitrogen.... 8)

And dynabeads...    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 09:59:29 AM »
I bet they forgot the lube.

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »

I think you should consolidate some words and just say you're having an Irish Tonic Jim.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
I guess I could.  It's a really good combination, though.  Tastes great, less filling and all that...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 02:57:40 PM »
And, perhaps most importantly, you are probably not suffering any of the effects of malaria, are you Jim? See, that is the tonic keeping the symptoms at bay.... The alcohol is flushing toxins from your liver too.... a win, win situation for sure.

Brian

I guess I could.  It's a really good combination, though.  Tastes great, less filling and all that...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
And, perhaps most importantly, you are probably not suffering any of the effects of malaria, are you Jim? See, that is the tonic keeping the symptoms at bay.... The alcohol is flushing toxins from your liver too.... a win, win situation for sure.

Brian

Nope, no malaria but I am thinking green a lot more.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
Nope, no malaria but I am thinking green a lot more.

That's the spirit!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn