Author Topic: Killington Classic  (Read 4575 times)

Offline Tremainiac

Killington Classic
« on: August 23, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »
Any Concours riders heading up?
Killingtonclassic.com
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline tomp

Re: Killington Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:36:22 AM »
Little far for this Texan.  Does look like a good time though.  If you go, have a great time.  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:20:35 AM »
Never heard of it before. I guess Vermont didn't want Laconia NH to have all the fun.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25:26 AM »
Its run by the same people that organize Americade in Lake George Ny the week before Laconia. http://www.americade.com/

And no i wont be going this year, just too much going on and no time.

Offline VTer Bob

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:43:49 AM »
I'll be going DOWN to Killington this year and I always go to Americade. They have a bike rally in Laconia? Who knew?

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 11:51:39 AM »
laconia....its where "those" people go to park their bikes and drink. Admitdly i do go up to laconia for a day trip, but would never spend more time than that there, it is nothign like americade!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 12:33:52 PM »
Been to Laconia a few times and Sturgis once. But never during bike week. Too many people for my taste.

Offline VTer Bob

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 03:51:45 PM »
"Those" people? The ones with the loud things that don't idle so you have to keep wanking the throttle at traffic stops. The ones that all dress exactly the same and ride a single brand of bike all to prove what rugged individuals they are? Look at me, look at me... my rights supersede everyone else's. Those people?

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:20 AM »
"Those" people? The ones with the loud things that don't idle so you have to keep wanking the throttle at traffic stops. The ones that all dress exactly the same and ride a single brand of bike all to prove what rugged individuals they are? Look at me, look at me... my rights supersede everyone else's. Those people?

Got "those" people here in South Africa too...identical to the "ones" you're describing! Seems distance doesn't detract from acting like ass wipes!!  ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 01:26:40 AM »
Got "those" people here in South Africa too...identical to the "ones" you're describing! Seems distance doesn't detract from acting like ass wipes!!  ;)

the German "those" are the same  :banghead:

not a good thing... not a good thing...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 04:58:26 AM »
ok, i was one of those for the last 10 years and the bikes idle just fine. I could never understand the revving part, but that is no worse than the kid on the sport bike with the loud pipe that does the same. I was really reffering to those people as being the ones that think they are members of some club, dressing up and riding to the destiationa to buy tshirts and beer.

I have the inside scoop on that world...i even still hold a membership card!...lol Im sure now that i just sold the bike they will be at my house soon to collect all the tshirts and my membership card.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 06:31:51 AM »
ok, i was one of those for the last 10 years and the bikes idle just fine. I could never understand the revving part, but that is no worse than the kid on the sport bike with the loud pipe that does the same. I was really reffering to those people as being the ones that think they are members of some club, dressing up and riding to the destiationa to buy tshirts and beer.

I have the inside scoop on that world...i even still hold a membership card!...lol Im sure now that i just sold the bike they will be at my house soon to collect all the tshirts and my membership card.

I just started watching the series "Sons of Anarchy". Apparently its the repossessing the tats that you have to worry about.  ;D

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 06:41:29 AM »
I spent the night in Sturgis once and found it surprisingly quiet and quite nice. Go figure. In fact, I don't know what all the ruckus is about- there were only about 20 people in town altogether and I was the ONLY one staying at the hotel. ??

Unless the date has something to do with it- I was there the first week of June. ?   :rotflmao:   

I only stopped there 'cause I aborted a CC 50 due to the golf ball sized hail. Like Mary Jane Tinklepants, I opted to forgo the rally and not keep riding like a real man would have done. And then got to spend the night in Sturgis.... the punishment truly did fit the crime. :-)

Brian

Been to Laconia a few times and Sturgis once. But never during bike week. Too many people for my taste.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »
I did pick up a T-shirt from the Knuckle Saloon.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
I just started watching the series "Sons of Anarchy". Apparently its the repossessing the tats that you have to worry about.  ;D

well that would be a quick one with me since im a bit light on tatoos, they can have the overpriced tshirts and the useless HD card that for some reason i renew every year.