Author Topic: Air Filter Change  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Texas

Air Filter Change
« on: June 12, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
I just returned from a 2,500 mile trip to New Mexico/Colorado/Arizona then back to Texas.  I rode through some dusty areas and want to change my air filter.  I looked at the Kawasaki parts diagram online to see how to get to it and it looks like I start by removing the fairing on the left side.  Before I start I'd like to hear from someone so I know exactly what pieces I need to remove and once I remove them is the air filter easy to get to?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  I'm hoping this is a fairly simple job.

We rode through Durango, CO and through the San Juan Skyway.  It was unbelievably beautiful.  From there we went through the Four Corners (that's where I rode through the dust) and then to the Grand Canyon.  This was my first touring trip and one of the main reasons I bought the Concours.  It ran great.
2016 Concours Metallic Moondust Gray
Previous Bikes
2009 Concours, 2008 BMW K1200R, 1995 Vmax, 2003 Vmax, 1997 Vmax, 1996 Vmax, 1992 Yamaha Seca II, 1970 something Yamaha 90

Bob

Re: Air Filter Change
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
On a 09, you'll probably need to remove the glove compartment. The left filler panel. The rear portion of the left fairing. The you'll probably need to move the bracket that holds the relays and swing them out of the way. Then you can remove the filter cover near the goose neck. The filter then slides out. I hope I didn't forget anything!  :o

Flathead

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 02:40:55 PM »
Fred's DVD's!!!

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
On a 09, you'll probably need to remove the glove compartment. The left filler panel. The rear portion of the left fairing. The you'll probably need to move the bracket that holds the relays and swing them out of the way. Then you can remove the filter cover near the goose neck. The filter then slides out. I hope I didn't forget anything!  :o

This would be right.  To see the filter cover plate you will also need to lift up the engine condom.  That is the rubber insulation pieces under the tank and around the engine.
T.S.R.