Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34622 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
OK, I did not think anyone was making a dual compound front tire but it appears that the Michelin PR3 front is dual compound. So yep, on the Pirellis only the rear tire is dual compound.

Brian

FTFY
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

OK, I did not think anyone was making a dual compound front tire but it appears that the Michelin PR3 front is dual compound. So yep, on the Pirellis only the rear tire is dual compound.

Brian

I thought that the PR2s were also dual compound front and rear?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Just looked and yep, those are dual compound on the front too. Slipped right by me.

I guess my attention has always been on the rear tires as they are the ones that tend to wear badly in the center, especially on the highway. I have not noticed the same thing on the fronts even when they are single compound tires. The one set of Angels I tried wore pretty quick on the back but the front was OK so I thought just adding a harder strip of rubber in the center of the rear tire would be sufficient to really improve things.

Then again, maybe the front tire is really worth what I paid for it.  :yikes:

Brian

I thought that the PR2s were also dual compound front and rear?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

Understandable Brian, I'm a rear man myself.    ;)

Just looked and yep, those are dual compound on the front too. Slipped right by me.

I guess my attention has always been on the rear tires as they are the ones that tend to wear badly in the center, especially on the highway. I have not noticed the same thing on the fronts even when they are single compound tires. The one set of Angels I tried wore pretty quick on the back but the front was OK so I thought just adding a harder strip of rubber in the center of the rear tire would be sufficient to really improve things.

Then again, maybe the front tire is really worth what I paid for it.  :yikes:

Brian
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn